Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Cleaning the Kettle  (Read 1631 times)

TD

• WKC Brave
Re: Cleaning the Kettle
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2018, 12:47:20 PM »
Aluminum pans are fine, but are a pain to clean. I use large size heavy duty aluminum foil in the pan and sometimes without the pan. I brush the cook grate off after cooking over the foil and dump the cold ashes in and wrap the whole mess up for disposal. Lot easier to clean if you don't mix ashes and grease. I use a little cheap paintbrush on the ashes to help the sweeps most time. Squirt bottle with SOS pad for a really dirty kettle.

G-MO

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2018, 02:25:15 PM »
I am so nervous about ruining the inside of the bowl with a type of steel wool...
Just Grill It!

Dc_smoke309

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2018, 02:39:01 PM »
You won’t ruin it

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

pancho2017

• WKC Brave
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2018, 04:02:46 PM »
Is the drip-n-griddle worth the money or would be throw away aluminum pans do just fine? I know it covers more space especially since I have the slow-n-sear it would cover the whole bottom... just curious if anyone has experience with it.
If you decide to buy the D-n-G you won't regret it. I bought the S-n-S at the same time so it was like $20 off getting the pair.
The fit is absolutely perfect and cleaning it is easy peasy, everything that has dripped on mine has wiped right off it still looks new after maybe 20 cooks or so.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2018, 04:05:15 PM by pancho2017 »

michaelmilitello

• WKC Performer
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2018, 04:07:55 PM »
I am so nervous about ruining the inside of the bowl with a type of steel wool...
Just make sure it’s 0000.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk