Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Christmas Suggestions  (Read 4233 times)

nvandyke

• WKC Brave
Christmas Suggestions
« on: October 18, 2018, 09:22:55 AM »
Good afternoon everybody!

So the wife and I don't go huge on giving gifts for Christmas because for us...that's not the whole spirit of the season.  We get each other a couple of little things totaling about $100.  So I want to start to expand my Weber accessories, etc.  I have a 22" Master Touch with the charcoal baskets and warming rack it came with.  I bought myself a cover for it after I got it as a gift for my birthday this February.

So...my question to you all is...what are some great accessories or items you've found that you really enjoy that I could ask for?  I thought of asking for the sear grate for the GBS system but I'm just not totally sold on that yet.  I appreciate your input!

Here's me saucing some ribs I made a couple of weeks ago...just because.

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Christmas Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2018, 09:48:08 AM »
I don’t have the GBS but if I did I’d get the sear grate, wok, and griddle. Cast iron and a kettle go really well together.

If you are happy with the way you cook without those things then maybe ask for different rubs and sauces to try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

bigred

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2018, 10:03:58 AM »
Well made x long tongs

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Larry

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2018, 10:27:31 AM »
If you like chicken and turkey you may want to look at the rotisserie. I use mine often for whole birds but it has a multitude of applications.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
It's always better when you're cooking on a Weber!

jd

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2018, 04:33:23 PM »
+2 for the rotisserie, one of the best accessories
22.5 Copper kettle
Blue Performer
Copper Performer

racedvl

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2018, 04:55:41 PM »
Slow and sear.
Thermopen.
Rotisserie.

That would be my 3 opinions. In that order. 

Sent from my SM-G950U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Cellar2ful

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2018, 07:04:09 PM »

I would say my Thermapen is my most used accessory and they will be on sale for $79 a couple of times before Christmas.  You can sign up for email notifications at the bottom of their home page.

https://www.thermoworks.com/?gclid=CjwKCAjw3qDeBRBkEiwAsqeO7noU48Ez6mFQJFJOThsT4_ZqFga7ePVTpgU1MOoXHJenqQIG9inU7xoCcU8QAvD_BwE

My second most used accessory is a rotisserie.  You cant't duplicate the self basting quality of a rotisserie.  Chickens and turkeys will never be the same once you get one.
"Chasing Classic Kettles"

Rub

• WKC Ranger
    • Swamp Boys BBQ
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2018, 07:49:58 PM »
I swear by my Grill Grates, I use them most all the time.  +1 on a Thermapen, I use mine for every cook. And looking at your pic, I’d suggest an upgrade in sauce [emoji41] </shameless plug>

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
In the market for unicorns to complete my collection: Ambassador, Plainsman, Meat Cut, Custom, Blue 18 MBH, Green 18 MBH

qrczak1

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2018, 11:50:03 PM »
I would say either roti or slow'n'sear

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2018, 03:03:09 AM »
Maybe some Grillin' shoes so your feet don't get burned LOL +1 on a Thermapen
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

hawgheaven

• WKC Performer
    • Hawg Heaven Smokin' BBQ
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2018, 03:20:14 AM »
Thermapen - definitely
StoK cast iron grill and StoK cast iron kettle insert - luv mine

« Last Edit: October 19, 2018, 03:46:26 AM by hawgheaven »
Multiple kettles and WSM's. I am not a collector, just a gatherer... and a sick bastard.

Shoestringshop

• WKC Performer
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2018, 03:29:27 AM »
How about some stuff you could use in the house as well as on the grill? Cast iron Dutch oven or a cast iron pan set. Around here stores sell the set for around 60.00 during Christmas.
Wife said "No more GRILLS in this house!" So I bought a 2nd house!

Cellar2ful

« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2018, 07:08:48 AM »
How about some stuff you could use in the house as well as on the grill?

My wife uses our Thermapen in the kitchen as much as I use it on my kettles.
"Chasing Classic Kettles"

hawgheaven

• WKC Performer
    • Hawg Heaven Smokin' BBQ
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2018, 08:14:31 AM »
We have multiple Thermapens, and multiple Thermopops. Thermopops are cheaper than the Thermapens, and really handy, in that they are smaller and clip to your shirt/apron pocket. Both are good products!
Multiple kettles and WSM's. I am not a collector, just a gatherer... and a sick bastard.

Seth1025

• WKC Brave
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2018, 09:04:31 AM »
Wireless Thermometer, I like the igrill mini.   Upgrade to the SS Grate directly from Weber 80728.  Ask for a discount and you might get lucky - got mine for $50.   Lodge 17" skillet is a great way to fry food outside and fits great on a 22".   I have an extra box of supplies I keep handy in the basement, extra tongs, salt, pepper, knives, cutting board, foil, lighter, etc.  Easy to grab and go outside without having to run back up stairs. I also like having a folding table handy to prep food outside when you just want to be outside.