Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Hi from Savannah, GA  (Read 878 times)

SteelKeg

• Happy Cooker
Hi from Savannah, GA
« on: October 12, 2018, 06:03:17 AM »
Hi folks.....Craig here. I've been on Facebook and posted a few times there as part of the WKC GrillGiants page. I'm originally from just south of Pittsburgh, PA....recently moved to Savannah, GA with my household of kiddos....of yeah, and the wife. I am only months into my kettle cooking days....always been a gasser and electric smoker kind of guy, but wanted to give kettle cooking a try....I have a Copper Performer with gas assist and recently a 18 inch 1975 49er that was swiped from Pittsburgh and brought to me...I've yet to start the clean up on it, but looking forward to my first attempt at a restore. In the few short months of grilling with the kettle, I've stayed really basic with my meats, but wish to venture out some. My biggest challenge has been maintaining proper heat levels....damper setup seems to be my issue....or getting impatient and not letting a chimney become hot enough??? I apologize in advance if I ask some silly questions....I am a perfectionist of sorts, but also someone who worries that I'm not doing something right....even when you can't go wrong. Thanks for your time....take care, and HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO!

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Hi from Savannah, GA
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2018, 12:07:21 PM »
Welcome from Doraville,Ga. there are a lot of helpful friendly folks here. Ask away none of us mind helping, and welcome to the Peach State
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

Dc_smoke309

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2018, 12:22:43 PM »
Always let ur charcoal in your chimney go till there a bit ashes over and no more heavy smoke is coming from them. And flames should be coming from the top. Vent wise . Normally ( this is my opinion ) I have the bottom vents open and adjust with the lid vents... once you get what works for you down... you be making some awesome stuff..... appetizers are a lot of fun to make too.... this is a awesome place !!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

RRRanger99

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2018, 04:09:12 PM »
Welcome from Virginia Beach, VA.

Grillagin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2018, 06:10:25 PM »
Welcome from Wisconsin.