Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: 18.5" "Frankengrill"?  (Read 889 times)

fat-boy

• Smokey Joe
18.5" "Frankengrill"?
« on: August 28, 2018, 04:09:53 PM »
I picked this up on CL anout a year ago. Threw some slightly better legs on it (22" ash catcher was already with it.) And it's going to a co-worker to cook on.  It's a B code, but I'm curious about the 2 different colors. Is this something they did back then or us this just a "Frankengrill"?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Poorfolks

• WKC Brave
Re: 18.5" "Frankengrill"?
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2018, 04:23:13 PM »
Looks like a economy kettle with a different lid.

fat-boy

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2018, 06:24:38 PM »
Thank you for satisfying my curiosity.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

dbhost

• WKC Brave
    • Daves Workshop Youtube page.
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2018, 01:07:55 PM »
Yeah I'm pretty sure that's just a mismatched bowl and lid. Doesn't really matter if it's just something you're going to cook on like crazy. I seen it done a few times usually it's a different black lid on a black bowl I don't see too many of the different colored ones except for here on the forum.
3 Kettles. 1998 Daisy Wheel 22.5, 2010 Smokey Joe Silver 14, 2018 Jumbo Joe Premium 22.5.

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2018, 01:23:17 PM »
If the brownie lid is in really nice shape, you might try selling just the lid on here to someone with an 18" brownie with a banged up lid.
You'd probably get enough for a cheap black to give your friend, maybe even some beer, & you'll have some spare parts lying around.
regards,
Hal

Dc_smoke309

• WKC Ranger
18.5" "Frankengrill"?
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2018, 01:39:58 PM »
Yeah I'm pretty sure that's just a mismatched bowl and lid. Doesn't really matter if it's just something you're going to cook on like crazy. I seen it done a few times usually it's a different black lid on a black bowl I don't see too many of the different colored ones except for here on the forum.
This happened to me when I went to pick up a 22” green kettle, the picture had a green lid..... but when I got there the bottom was a black. With ash Catcher .  I was little disappointed . But it was free.... that has become my daily driver almost . She’s seen a lot of cooks . Sad... but it’s one of my favorite kettles !!! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club