Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Using 22" warming shelf w/rotisserie  (Read 580 times)

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
Using 22" warming shelf w/rotisserie
« on: October 09, 2018, 08:11:34 AM »
On Saturday, it rained & was supposed to rain again.  So, I put up one of those popup canopies over my red SSP & did a cook.  I ended up doing 3 chickens (a little over 10 lbs total) on the rotisserie with a jerk rub/sauce I had made a couple times before for smoking a jerk turkey.

I was excited to see if I could use the warming rack at the same time.  It would have worked have if I'd trussed the chickens tighter (my hands were slippery & they were fairly loose so legs or wings flopped around a bit), but I did not so it didn't quite work.  It would have if I'd trussed them better or only had two chickens on it.  Reason I mentioned doing this was my thought was the warming racks would lift things up high enough over the charcoal baskets I had on either side where I could cook something above them without burning too easily.  (I did the coals in baskets along the two sides with foil in the center to catch the drippings & keep her reasonably clean.)  Since it didn't quite work, I just wound up throwing the potatoes wrapped in aluminum foil underneath the chicken & later a couple of T-bones that I then seared over the baskets. 

After everything was done, I brought the coal baskets to the center, added some more & threw an old Wagner griddle that I'd picked up over it to try my hand at some smash burgers.  Loads of deliciousness in the fridge & I brought one of the jerk chickens over to my sister. 

Wondered if others had tried using the warming shelf above the charcoal baskets on either side of rotisserie (when doing indirect) & if it worked out well.
regards,
Hal

Jules V.

• WKC Ranger
Using 22" warming shelf w/rotisserie
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2018, 10:07:37 AM »
Here's some options for you.

For single chicken or smaller items.

Full spit use.

Below is my current roti setup. Much taller than the weber so clearance is not an issue using the lower or both cooking grates on the roti ring.  Cooking grate is 9" above charcoal grate, 14" spit to charcoal grate.

More options.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2018, 03:10:32 PM by Jules V. »

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
Re: Using 22" warming shelf w/rotisserie
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2018, 02:12:50 PM »
NICE! 
regards,
Hal

Mike in Roseville

• WKC Performer
Re: Using 22" warming shelf w/rotisserie