Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Birthday dry age steaks  (Read 678 times)

Firemunkee

• WKC Ranger
Birthday dry age steaks
« on: September 15, 2018, 10:14:35 AM »
I picked up some 40 day dry age steaks for my birthday earlier this week. One bone-in ribeye that was sliced into steaks and then dried. Two slices of what was labeled as NY strip that was from roast that was dried and sliced into steaks when you order. The NY strips look more like T bones to me but I'm not complaining. You can see the end piece was pretty dark and aged.

Cooked using the sear and slide method since they were only about an inch thick. They turned out perfectly medium rare. This my first having dry age steak. The flavor was pretty interesting. It did have cheese-like flavors as I have read. Definitely tender. I love trying new foods and I'm glad I got to experience this, but I don't think I'll be buying any more. The flavor was not my cup of tea for $25/lb.

« Last Edit: September 15, 2018, 11:07:30 AM by Firemunkee »
Together we'll fight the long defeat.

Dc_smoke309

• WKC Ranger
Re: Birthday dry age steaks
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2018, 10:43:47 AM »
Happy birthday first off, and second that is some crazy steaks , iv never had anything like that before . I would have to give it a try thought .!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

Firemunkee

• WKC Ranger
Re: Birthday dry age steaks
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2018, 11:12:46 AM »
Thanks! Wegmans and Whole Foods should also have dry age steaks, if you have one of those in your area. They dry age in house though. The specialty butcher I went to had them for the same price, and even though they also dry-age in house, 1) I would imagine they are even more knowledge at that craft, 2) it was dried for a much longer time (I think Wegmans was about 8 days, Whole Foods might have had it for 20-30 days) and 3) it was the same price for getting it from a "pro".

Happy birthday first off, and second that is some crazy steaks , iv never had anything like that before . I would have to give it a try though!
Together we'll fight the long defeat.