Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Being a nice neighbor pays of sometimes  (Read 1700 times)

JayyyR

• Smokey Joe
Being a nice neighbor pays of sometimes
« on: September 08, 2018, 08:09:44 AM »
  Last month sometime I see one of my elderly neighbors pull up with a patio set in the back of her SUV. Thinking nothing of it I keep walking my dog and then go back inside  Three days later what do I see? That same set still hanging out the SUV.

So I rang her doorbell and asked if she needed help bringing it in. She said yes but her son should've been by the day she got it so I told her I had no problem helping if he's too busy. So I take the chairs out back and as soon I hit the the patio you fellas know what I seen? Of course a weber branded grill cover, three rough legs and a rusty triangle. Albeit it had lost its battle with the sun years ago I couldn't keep from wondering what was underneath.

After assembly she offered to pay me which nicely declined. I was going to the city recycling center in a few days and offered to take all the boxes for her. As I was leaving she said since your going to the dump take that grill with you since my son won't take it. My heart jumped for joy but kept my composure as not to alert her to my Weberitis.

I asked are you sure and she explained how it was her late husband's and she doesn't know how to use charcoal. I said I wouldn't mind having it for myself instead of trashing it and next thing I know I'm +1 to my growing collection.

I forgot to take a before picture of the exterior but it was pretty filthy. On the good side it's not damaged too badly besides one pop on the lid, which I think adds character.

I know it's nothing special but I'm starting to fall in love with the 18.5s

GrillGuyMosier

• WKC Ranger
    • My eBay Items
Re: Being a nice neighbor pays of sometimes
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2018, 09:07:01 AM »
Great story!   Thanks for sharing.
Text @ 419-619-6379

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2018, 09:39:50 AM »
Nice story!

jimz

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2018, 09:45:28 AM »
Sweet!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

YardBurner

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2018, 10:07:41 AM »
  Last month sometime I see one of my elderly neighbors pull up with a patio set in the back of her SUV. Thinking nothing of it I keep walking my dog and then go back inside  Three days later what do I see? That same set still hanging out the SUV.

So I rang her doorbell and asked if she needed help bringing it in. She said yes but her son should've been by the day she got it so I told her I had no problem helping if he's too busy. So I take the chairs out back and as soon I hit the the patio you fellas know what I seen? Of course a weber branded grill cover, three rough legs and a rusty triangle. Albeit it had lost its battle with the sun years ago I couldn't keep from wondering what was underneath.

After assembly she offered to pay me which nicely declined. I was going to the city recycling center in a few days and offered to take all the boxes for her. As I was leaving she said since your going to the dump take that grill with you since my son won't take it. My heart jumped for joy but kept my composure as not to alert her to my Weberitis.

I asked are you sure and she explained how it was her late husband's and she doesn't know how to use charcoal. I said I wouldn't mind having it for myself instead of trashing it and next thing I know I'm +1 to my growing collection.

I forgot to take a before picture of the exterior but it was pretty filthy. On the good side it's not damaged too badly besides one pop on the lid, which I think adds character.

Love  the story!
Love the 18 OTG even more[emoji7]
Got a black just like it.
What date code is yours?

Sent from my XT1650 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Jules V.

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2018, 10:09:37 AM »
That's awesome. Has stainless sweeps also.

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2018, 10:21:44 AM »
Love the story.

Respect

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

Lowbrass

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2018, 10:58:21 AM »
Awesome story!  Love the dark green!

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club
"The Fairway" '74, 22” Turquose, 18" Red C code, 18" Blue DU code x2, Gen 2 Grass Green Performer, 26” Glen Blue, Spring Green, "Bone", Turquose, Blue Wave, Wedgewood Blue, “Smoke”, Crimson and Homer SJGs.  14" and 18" WSM

Grails (HELP!): IMPERIAL GLEN BLUE!

Bob BQ

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2018, 10:59:12 AM »

An 18.5 with ash bucket?  For being nice?  That is quite special.

Is it green? I'm having a hard time telling if it's green or black.  If it's green... with no logo... even more special.

Most of my collection are 18.5s. There's just something about the flat top lid.  Yep, I love the 18.5s, too.
BBQ:it's what's for dinner. Grail: 18” Custom - "The Californian"

Schaefd2

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2018, 11:01:54 AM »
Love it!!!

I've been called the Robin Hood of Weber Kettles.

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2018, 03:41:48 PM »
A nice reward for a good deed.
regards,
Hal

angelo

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2018, 01:59:27 AM »
Hi, could you advice on cleaning process?!? I’m impressed seeing that results

Jan M.

• WKC Brave
    • Mogschrauber
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2018, 12:09:27 PM »
Congrats!
Nice story, I like it !

Best regards,
Jan

qrczak1

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2018, 01:43:09 PM »
That's a beauty [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106] Unavailable here in Europe[emoji852]️

fat-boy

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2018, 02:47:50 PM »
Love that green. Love the cleanup even more!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app