Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: New Accessory Sneak Preview  (Read 6671 times)

JPotter

• WKC Brave
Re: New Accessory Sneak Preview
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2018, 08:17:54 PM »
Where's it at Pic?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Lowbrass

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2018, 11:06:24 AM »
I am interested in testing her out for you Larry!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
"The Fairway" '74, 22” Turquose, 18" Red C code, 18" Blue DU code x2, Gen 2 Grass Green Performer, 26” Glen Blue, Spring Green, "Bone", Turquose, Blue Wave, Wedgewood Blue, “Smoke”, Crimson and Homer SJGs.  14" and 18" WSM

Grails (HELP!): IMPERIAL GLEN BLUE!

Larry The BBQ Guy

• WKC Brave
    • BBQitALL
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2018, 05:15:20 PM »
Thanks everyone for your very helpful comments on my video! Some of your comments will be incorporated into version II. For those of you who responded to wanting to be early testers, I will contact you this weekent with further info. For everyone else, my Kickstarter campaign will deliver parts by Mid November so feel free to take a look https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/516952490/easy-roasting-and-baking-on-your-weber-grill?ref=nav_search&result=project&term=bbqitall and let me know if you have any questions at all.

Thanks Again!  ;D ;D ;D

Larry
26" Orig. Premium Black, 22" Orig. black, 22" Jumbo Joe black, 14" Smokey Joe black. More to come.

Bob BQ

• WKC Performer
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2018, 05:32:55 PM »
Thanks for the update, Larry!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
BBQ:it's what's for dinner. Grail: 18” Custom - "The Californian"

Paul S

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2018, 10:53:02 AM »
I'm not a seasoned griller/smoker although I've grilled a lot in my lifetime. For years I had never payed much attention to detail cooking steaks/hot dogs/korean short ribs, but read about it some and it has some science to it. Just made sure things weren't overly burnt, steaks 5 minutes each side, etc.
It looks interesting like a snake, I've read some bbq'ers not liking to have the coals against the porcelain so I'm just wondering what others have to say about that?
Also it seems one could fit a round drip pan in the middle for that indirect cooking/smok'n so you won't mess up the bottom bowl/vents with grease.

I picked up a very used 22" kettle and would not worry about hot coals leaning up against the porcelain bowl so that wouldn't bother me a bit as to damaging the paint job even if it really did. I don't know either way and would assume many use the standard snake method without paint problems anyways.

I'm also wondering whats with the jaw of teeth design on the bottom of the accessory, was it designed to fit multi bowls as there are many different sized pans out there? or does it have something to do with distribution of heat? Just wondering.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2018, 11:04:00 AM by Paul S »
RetireCheapJC says: There's always an option.

effinUker

• WKC Brave
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2018, 06:53:59 AM »
I never worried about coals touching the bowl in a cooker. That's what it was built for.  As far as the teeth on the bottom, it looks to me like an escape hatch for ashes.

qrczak1

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2018, 10:16:43 AM »
I never worried about coals touching the bowl in a cooker. That's what it was built for.  As far as the teeth on the bottom, it looks to me like an escape hatch for ashes.
Well I do as it damages the porcelain.

Hell Fire Grill

• WKC Performer
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2018, 10:53:59 AM »
A small fire, like the a snake uses, doesn't get hot enough to damage the porcelain. Contrary to popular belief the porcelain is generally damaged by thermal shock when you get a grease fire, spray the coals with starter fluid or throw 3 lit chimneys in all at once. Especially on a grill with no carbon built up on the inside.

The serrations on the bottom of the ring are most likely there for air flow, which would include ash escapement.
You can't always get what you want....but if you try sometimes you get what you need

Jules V.

• WKC Ranger
New Accessory Sneak Preview
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2018, 11:24:04 AM »

It looks interesting like a snake, I've read some bbq'ers not liking to have the coals against the porcelain so I'm just wondering what others have to say about that?
Also it seems one could fit a round drip pan in the middle for that indirect cooking/smok'n so you won't mess up the bottom bowl/vents with grease.

It's a very good design and should work very well but probably wouldn't need it as i already have my own snake system. 
« Last Edit: October 08, 2018, 02:00:55 PM by Jules V. »

qrczak1

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2018, 12:15:15 PM »
A small fire, like the a snake uses, doesn't get hot enough to damage the porcelain. Contrary to popular belief the porcelain is generally damaged by thermal shock when you get a grease fire, spray the coals with starter fluid or throw 3 lit chimneys in all at once. Especially on a grill with no carbon built up on the inside.

The serrations on the bottom of the ring are most likely there for air flow, which would include ash escapement.
Well, I have a beater which looks like a beater cause... I throw the coals against the wall. The scratches on the porcelain are not coming from the grease but from the heat caused by banking  the coals. And I can still live with that cause that's a beater...

Cellar2ful

« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2018, 08:25:44 AM »
« Last Edit: September 10, 2018, 08:56:26 AM by Cellar2ful »
"Chasing Classic Kettles"

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2018, 02:10:56 PM »
Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2018, 02:16:30 PM »

I don't believe thermal shock as being the primary cause and I wouldn't discount the lower heat from a snake.

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2018, 03:03:58 PM »
I’ve been lucky. I bank and run snakes all the time in my black 26 and 22. One is 08 and 11. No damage whatsoever. I don’t bank or do snakes in my colored grills as a precaution and they already have a little crazing but none at all in my daily drivers.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #29 on: September 30, 2018, 03:08:22 PM »

https://youtu.be/6_FS6Y1AST8

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Nice cook joe!  Can one of the baffles be removed for a full snake?

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app