Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Wood Dale ash pans  (Read 1435 times)

Eastex

• WKC Ranger
Wood Dale ash pans
« on: May 30, 2013, 06:46:48 AM »
Were they all the "U" shaped cut outs or did they also use the twist on style ? Does anyone have a good pic of the ring used to hold the U shaped ones on?

harris92

• WKC Performer
Re: Wood Dale ash pans
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2013, 07:04:23 AM »
Mine is the U shape cutout with the ring.  The ashpan was black.  I tried to strip the black off twice with Aircraft paint remover to see what would happen.  After the treatments it was still black.  I didn't want to fool with chemicals on it anymore (as it had a good bit of wear) so I just painted it a flat sliver/gray.  I can send a picture to you tonight if you pm me your email address.

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2013, 04:16:20 PM »
Mine is the U shape cutout with the ring.  The ashpan was black.  I tried to strip the black off twice with Aircraft paint remover to see what would happen.  After the treatments it was still black.  I didn't want to fool with chemicals on it anymore (as it had a good bit of wear) so I just painted it a flat sliver/gray.  I can send a picture to you tonight if you pm me your email address.

If you don't mind, I'd also like to see some close up pics of the ash pan, clips and the wheels you have.  :)

Eastex

• WKC Ranger
Wood Dale ash pans
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2013, 05:39:40 PM »
The reason I asked was this morning when I drove by the 18 Wood Dale I've found I saw the ash pan for the first time. They've been home sometime recently and cut the grass which was how I finally spotted it. It's got the U shape cut outs and is pretty lumpy lookingand was laying on the ground next to the grill and I couldn't see any clips on the legs to hold it. One of these days I'll catch them at home and probably offer way more than I should for it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2013, 06:50:31 PM »
Get over there already!
Vintage Weber Grill raconteur and bon vivant.....and definitely Sir Agent X

Eastex

• WKC Ranger
Wood Dale ash pans
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2013, 07:07:39 PM »
I drive by this thing every Thursday on one of my work routes, I think I've stopped by at least once on every day of the week after work, and made stops on Saturday and Sunday as well. I've left my card, I left a card with one of the neighbors to give him, I've met three of the neighbors in total. It's beyond frustrating but I'm determined to stay the course. I just afraid I'm gonna overpay in a major way if I ever do meet the guy. I'm way past the point of playing the semi interested card.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD