Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Leaving the Kettle in the Elements  (Read 899 times)

mobiledynamics

• Smokey Joe
Leaving the Kettle in the Elements
« on: August 25, 2018, 12:00:48 PM »
Between the kiddo's bikes and my toys, I got ZERO space to bring the Summit Charcoal indoors during the winter ?

Curious for those that live in 4 season climates and let your kettle brave the elements.
I've got a cover on it and when I assembled it, I sprayed the lower legs/rack/casters with Boeshield already. Will do a topcoat of Boeshield in late fall .

Eh, we'll see how the galvanized casters last or the bleh-painted grid. I feel like the leg frames maybe enamel. Sure wise the center lower shelf was powdercoated or the like. Seems like just paint.

michaelmilitello

• WKC Performer
Re: Leaving the Kettle in the Elements
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2018, 05:44:52 PM »
Mine are all covered.  I put my vintage mbh kettles in my shed for the winter.  The performer and “newer” one touch stay outside.  I’ve found a  krud kutter rust repellent spray that helps keep old triangles nice. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheKevman

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2018, 06:45:15 AM »
I did a major cleaning of my shed this summer so I’ve got some room to store my birth Kettle and WSM indoors through the winter. For my main cooking Kettle and my Spirit, I invested in good Weber covers for them. The covers are expensive, but worth it. Other than that, I try to keep the snow off of them the best that I can.

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
A man who has an experience is never at the mercy of a man who has just a theory.

mobiledynamics

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2018, 12:24:11 PM »
" snow off of them the best that I can."

LOL. Whenever we get a good whopping, I think I'm the only one that goes out and clears out the shrubs......
Nothing worst that losing/having splayed shrubs in the spring.

cigarman20

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2018, 01:54:17 PM »
Mine are left out year round uncovered. I do make sure all vents are closed to keep the moisture out.  Nothing fancy with my collection. Just weathered warriors in the making.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
Grails- ‘63 Fleetwood, Ambassador