Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Is heat deflector for Weber fireplace (firepit) same as one for 18 or 22 WSM?  (Read 835 times)

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
My second pickup of the day was a used Weber fireplace (firepit).

It is missing the heat deflector on the bottom & I wondered if anyone knows if it is the same as one of the heat deflectors for the WSM?  I'm guessing the 22.

I'd had been looking for one for a while, but was always just a bit too late.  The wood handles are still solid, but I'll sand them & put something on them as I've seen others do.  The porcelain does have some issues where the handles attache & where the legs attach, but is still pretty solid except it rusted through by one leg connection, so I'll just throw some washers on both sides. At first I wasn't going to buy it when I saw that, but then I figured the price was pretty decent & it still had it's metal ring (which was missing for most of those I missed out on), plus I'd be able to do a quick n' dirty fix. 
« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 09:41:06 PM by PotsieWeber »
regards,
Hal

Filibuster

• WKC Ranger
   The weber Fire pit deflector is much bigger than the 22" WSM deflector and has a flattened lip.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Radio station WEFUNK 50,000 kilowatts of PFUNK power.

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
Thank you @Filibuster.
regards,
Hal

Hell Fire Grill

• WKC Performer
@swamprb made one a little bigger than stock.

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/weber-kettles-accessories/**hillbilly-heat-shield-for-the-weber-firepit!**/msg191918/#msg191918
You can't always get what you want....but if you try sometimes you get what you need

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
@swamprb made one a little bigger than stock.

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/weber-kettles-accessories/**hillbilly-heat-shield-for-the-weber-firepit!**/msg191918/#msg191918

Thanks.  I was thinking some sort of huge pie tin, but a 18" pizza pan would probably be easier to find cheap.

If you are coming along later & have problems with the link, just copy & past the link.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 11:38:33 AM by PotsieWeber »
regards,
Hal