Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: If you already own a bunch of 22s, a 26 should be at the top of your list  (Read 2449 times)

Bob BQ

• WKC Performer
I’m waiting for Weber to make the 26er in something other than black.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

Look for a older Red, blue, or brown if you can, they made a few different colors in 26” years ago

Dan meant red, brown, or Westerner... no blue unless you’re @Jeff. [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using a sweet Red 26’r
« Last Edit: August 01, 2018, 04:26:35 PM by Bob BQ »
BBQ:it's what's for dinner. Grail: 18” Custom - "The Californian"

charred

• WKC Performer
All hail the 26.75. It's the all-around best of the Weber charcoal grills, imo. (which makes it the best of all Weber grills, which makes it the best of all grills, period.) :)

hopelessly, helplessly, happily addicted to a shipload of Webers

Jules V.

• WKC Ranger
If I can only have one kettle, i would pick a 22 and add a stacker. A properly designed stacker allows you to grill as much food at the same time as a 26 kettle and also rivals a 22 wsm smoking capabilities.

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
I’m finding this thread pretty interesting. I scored an AD 26er a few weeks ago and have yet to put fire to her. Didn’t realize how big they really were, doesn’t stop me from wanting a Chief and Fleetwood.

If I had to pick one though it probably wouldn’t be a 26er at this point in my life. Most cooks don’t require that much space for my family right now. I couldn’t see lighting a 26 for a smaller cook.

I’ve also always wanted a CB stacker and may order one once they are back in stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

WhaleinaTeardrop

• WKC Brave
I don’t know that size is the biggest problem with the 26 because if size and suitability for most people’s’ needs determined the size Kettle that they bought, Weber would sell a hell of a lot more 18s than it does and they’d still make the OTG in 18, regardless of how it crept into the sweet spot of the 22 in price.

Unfortunately, I think with it’s $300 street price, the 26 is a bit too expensive for casual users; $200 is about where it should be, but it would probably cannibalize the MT sales at that price...even a step down to $250 would generate more sales, which would hopefully make for accessories for the 26.

Or, keep it at $300 and put it in either an OTP/non-gas Performer/(mini)Ranch cart.

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
you can have my 26er with the snsxl for free, as soon as the coals cool off, which is about never !!!
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

michaelmilitello

• WKC Performer
This why the 26 is so cool.   The five pound prime rib cooked on it is not in the picture.   It also does untold pounds of wings. 

AZogas

• WKC Brave
I'm considering selling my traeger now that i have a 26er and enjoyed the brisket at the northeast meetup so much.... I'm going snake from now on too

Sent from my SM-G930V using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

WhaleinaTeardrop

• WKC Brave
If you already own a bunch of 22s, a 26 should be at the top of your list
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2018, 06:27:00 AM »
I'm considering selling my traeger now that i have a 26er and enjoyed the brisket at the northeast meetup so much.... I'm going snake from now on too

Pellet pooper is one of the few cookers I’ve yet to use, was considering one simply to be able to walk away/cook overnight.  Even though my KJ and 26 with poor man’s SnS are rock solid, I still don’t trust them enough not to stay up all night to baby sit brisket and shoulder.

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2018, 07:10:56 AM »

Pellet pooper is one of the few cookers I’ve yet to use, was considering one simply to be able to walk away/cook overnight.  Even though my KJ and 26 with poor man’s SnS are rock solid, I still don’t trust them enough not to stay up all night to baby sit brisket and shoulder.

A snake in a 26 all night no worries at all. A 22 for that matter as well

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2018, 07:17:22 AM »
Imo I would always trust a kettle over pellet. No mechanical parts and no electricity needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

KettleMaster

• WKC Brave
Agree i have a 26er fit 2 10lb PorkShoulders on no prob and ran a snake all night got the job done no issues...love my 22" Kettles but its easy to run out of room at times .

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

cnmg432

• Smokey Joe
I don’t know that size is the biggest problem with the 26 because if size and suitability for most people’s’ needs determined the size Kettle that they bought, Weber would sell a hell of a lot more 18s than it does and they’d still make the OTG in 18, regardless of how it crept into the sweet spot of the 22 in price.

Unfortunately, I think with it’s $300 street price, the 26 is a bit too expensive for casual users; $200 is about where it should be, but it would probably cannibalize the MT sales at that price...even a step down to $250 would generate more sales, which would hopefully make for accessories for the 26.

Or, keep it at $300 and put it in either an OTP/non-gas Performer/(mini)Ranch cart.

Your right.   I've have been wanting a 26 for a couple years and just can't justify the price.   I'm getting close though.   I have 5 children and I'm finding I'm running out of room quite a bit.   If they were even $250 I would own one.   Interestingly enough I have only seen one 26 in person in my life.   They just are not common.  I've never seen a new one in a store yet around here.

michaelmilitello

• WKC Performer
« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2018, 06:17:03 PM »
Probably belongs in the online finds but I’ll tempt fate.  I purchased my 26 from this guy. He buys amazon returns at auction.  They have some minor defects.  I replaced my scuffed lid free of charge after registering it with Weber.  https://cincinnati.craigslist.org/for/d/weberoriginal-kettle-premium/6659453149.html

« Last Edit: August 02, 2018, 06:21:09 PM by michaelmilitello »

KettleMaster

• WKC Brave
I was lucky to grab a new 26 on CL with minor scratches so probably from Amazon but i have never seen a used one or even any other new ones.They are rare but worth grabbing so much real estate you cant go wrong!

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app