Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Performer with Fold-Down Table  (Read 2392 times)

powermatt99

• Smokey Joe
Performer with Fold-Down Table
« on: July 28, 2018, 02:21:49 PM »
I don't have a lot of space due to urban condo living. A full-size performer is out of the question. I'm on the second floor and an attached table would be very helpful.

I don't see a lot of these style performers on here. Are they any good? What are the pros and cons?

TD

• WKC Brave
Re: Performer with Fold-Down Table
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2018, 02:51:32 PM »
Always thought they were pretty neat. Larger stance so less chance of blowing or getting pushed over. Performer grate higher than the original kettle. It's a $100 over the premium original kettle

brewtownbeatdown

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2018, 03:00:12 PM »
The biggest “pro” is that the footprint is about the same as a 26’er, when the table is folded.  Steel table flips smoothly & holds a decent amount of weight.  Roti ring can store on lower shelf.  The one “con” is that it’s only offered with a black kettle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Obviously looking for a Glen Blue (who isn’t?😂).

Looking for anything Happy Cooker, including any re-branded as Montgomery Ward.  I’ve amassed a nice collection, but I’m missing a few still.  Let me know if you can help a fella out🤞

Mark Schnell

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2018, 03:02:04 PM »
As far as the characteristics for grilling and smoking, the Performer silver  would perform exactly the same as any other Weber kettle...awesome. You're right, you don't see much on here about that model, not sure why. They're not the nicest looking model, maybe that's what the reason is. One thought about that model, though, you might as well get a Master Touch, or just a premium kettle since you don't get the gas assist with the Performer silver and the table isn't very big at all.  On the other hand, a small table is better than nothing and you have the rack below for storing a few accessories.

All that to say, it would work great for you. Whatever you do, since you're on the second floor, make sure you get the enclosed ash catcher for safety. I see a lot of grills being sold on Craigslist because someone moves to a second floor condo or apartment and can't have a charcoal grill. The enclosed ask catcher could literally be a lifesaver for you.  Good luck!

SteveMBH

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2018, 03:54:10 PM »
Would be cool to see someone swap a colored bowl/lid and gas assist into this style performer.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

brewtownbeatdown

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2018, 05:11:55 PM »
Would be cool to see someone swap a colored bowl/lid and gas assist into this style performer.

It’s been done:

Converted Performer Silver/Charcoal
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_fid=63141&share_tid=21685&url=http%3A%2F%2Fweberkettleclub%2Ecom%2Fforums%2Findex%2Ephp%3Ftopic%3D21685&share_type=t

I plan to swap a non-gas blue in mine soon.  Have the donor being brought to Chicago meet-up.

Looking for anything Happy Cooker, including any re-branded as Montgomery Ward.  I’ve amassed a nice collection, but I’m missing a few still.  Let me know if you can help a fella out🤞

SteveMBH

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2018, 05:25:29 PM »

It’s been done:

Converted Performer Silver/Charcoal
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_fid=63141&share_tid=21685&url=http%3A%2F%2Fweberkettleclub%2Ecom%2Fforums%2Findex%2Ephp%3Ftopic%3D21685&share_type=t

I plan to swap a non-gas blue in mine soon.  Have the donor being brought to Chicago meet-up.

Must have missed this one when I was just a lurker!  Looks like a nice swap!

baglorious

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2018, 08:49:16 AM »
Anyone else have any pics or links with a colored bowl on a fold-down Performer?  I'd love to see several colors in the fold-down performer cart.  I guess I can wait for brewtownbeatdown's promised blue... but I'm being impatient! 

I also am intrigued by these... and think the 'footprint' advantage would be undervalued for persons who want several grills.  I keep debating with the idea of trying to replicate (closely) a 26er version of the fold-down Performer (for a 'wobbly-leg' fix). 

I've got a red mist SSP I've convinced myself to sell.  But I'm wondering if it would be super-cool as a fold-down performer (or in a Gen 2 cart with black metal table, etc.).

Let's see fold-down performers, if anyone has 'em, please?

Jules V.

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2018, 09:27:40 AM »
Not mine but here's one.  This is probably the grill on the thread above. Had one in red but sold it and photos been deleted.  You can always sell your ssp and mount a red LE on those tables.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2018, 09:39:59 AM by Jules V. »

Don_

• WKC Brave
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2018, 05:16:36 PM »
I have one, and have enjoyed it thoroughly since I bought it. I keep it to the left of a one touch gold with a stacker, for smoking, or a roti. It makes for a convenient setup for me. I can spin a yardbird on one, and cook up veggies etc on the other...the table is stable, and very handy.

Not the greatest pics, but hey.
I do use it as my main cooker for grilling. It’s like a rock, and the table is perfect for my needs.
Best of luck[emoji41][emoji106]
Edit: the pics do illustrate the height difference pretty well though.

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club
« Last Edit: August 11, 2018, 05:18:33 PM by Don_ »

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2018, 07:45:25 AM »
Undecided yet how I want this Performer silver.

Red SSP

Gen3 green

Ivory, Smoke, Slate, Red LE are all considered at this point for this project. Spring Green will be used in my platinum project.

baglorious

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2018, 08:21:49 AM »
Grate pics, thank you.  Contemplating a red mist... they all look pretty sharp!

Keep the pics coming, if anyone else has some!

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2018, 01:07:17 AM »
I have one and it's my workhorse at the dock.

It's much easier to move around than a regular Performer.

Incredibly stable.

Also they have the metal tables that are much easier to clean up.

Probably one of the most underrated models out there.

It also serves double duty as a stand for the CGA for smaller cooks-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQ62j5HHJNU
Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

brewtownbeatdown

• WKC Performer
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2018, 05:59:11 PM »
I guess I can wait for brewtownbeatdown's promised blue...
Sorry for the wait, but here it is:

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2018, 02:52:19 AM »
I guess I can wait for brewtownbeatdown's promised blue...
Sorry for the wait, but here it is:

Beautiful, would not of expected anything less
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill