Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: OfferUp advice  (Read 1764 times)

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
Re: OfferUp advice
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2018, 09:59:31 AM »
Ok i do a metric fuck ton of deals on offer up , craigslist and letgo. General rule for me is noone comes to my house unless they have a 5 star rating. I also avoid giving my number unless they have a 5 star rating. Also i read the conversation if they are polite and reply in a normal time frame im more likely to be flexable. I have bought a few where i was a little hesitant but the money was right and flip was worth it. I will travel up to an hour depending what it is and where. I will NOT go to known fucked up areas. In my area that means most of oakland, deep richmond areas. But persistence pays off sometimes

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Mike in Roseville

• WKC Performer
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2018, 10:46:10 AM »

I'd pursue with caution...if it means that much to you (because he's probably a tweaker).

I get the sense that he has a lot more going on in his "personal sphere" than f*cking with you for the hell of it (because he's probably a tweaker).

I say keep at it, but only do a deal in a well lit, public place (DURING THE DAY). But, I'm guessing he sleeps during the day...if he sleeps at all (because he's probably a tweaker).
... so TWEAKER is your final answer I take it then.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Ha...

Like I said...maybe just circumstance and coincidence?

Late night meet up + emergency and had to cancel + Walmart + talk to another guy about the bbq = [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Homerdog

• WKC Brave
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2018, 01:10:09 PM »
@CarrieAnn 👏

Also, depending on where it is, take backup!

Filibuster

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2018, 01:35:29 PM »
   You gave the guy a second chance and saw thru his bullshit, I went through a similar situation and came to the same conclusion, you did the right thing.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Radio station WEFUNK 50,000 kilowatts of PFUNK power.

bigredmf

• WKC Brave
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2018, 05:57:55 PM »
I don’t negotiate over text email or messenger
Show up with cash and make and offer

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

Paul Isa

• WKC Brave
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2018, 03:36:51 PM »
When someone doesn't reply back to me I have my wife call and leave a message in a very sweet voice.  For some strange reason she gets a quick, direct response.  I show up for the pick-up and it's all good.