Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Copper Target Master-Touch  (Read 2612 times)

WNC

• WKC Performer
Re: Copper Target Master-Touch
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2018, 05:30:06 AM »
Beautiful!
I'd love to find one do the same thing.
I let one pass years ago... won't make that mistake again

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

RRRanger99

• WKC Performer
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2018, 10:09:21 AM »
That Target Copper OTS to Master Touch conversion looks awesome! Love that style of black handles. Now all you need is a lid thermo w/bezel. Congrats!

Jan M.

• WKC Brave
    • Mogschrauber
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2018, 11:41:54 AM »
Very nice.
Copper is really a cool looking color especially in the sun.

Under all my kettles people always pick out the copper and say “Wow what a good looking kettle”.

Copper is not my super favourite but I like it very much!

Nice find and in mint conditions.

Keep an eye on the drill holes of the attached MT lid holder.
If the edges of the hole are not properly sealed it will rust very quick.

I just saw an modded kettle with this holder and I tell ya ... rust chips big like a coin!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
Best regards,
Jan

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2018, 12:05:13 PM »
Nice Mod! I recall getting messy drilling out the back handle and holes for the lid bale on my conversion Copper Gen2 MT. Hope it wasn't as bad as mine. I love my copper MT despite some porcellian chips from drilling out the back handle.

Scott Zee

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2018, 12:25:50 PM »
Nice Mod! I recall getting messy drilling out the back handle and holes for the lid bale on my conversion Copper Gen2 MT. Hope it wasn't as bad as mine. I love my copper MT despite some porcellian chips from drilling out the back handle.

greenie, no back handle on the Target Copper...that's why it's a grate candidate for the MT mod. @LightningBoldtz  super mod Jeff...I'll take your advice and measure 10 times before I attempt my 1st bit to kettle experience when I do my MT.
drink a little drink, smoke a little smoke    8)
It's not just a grill, it's a WEBER

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2018, 12:36:08 PM »
I guess I'll be the only one to disagree with this mod, although it looks great.  You've taken a unique, one year only grill, and butchered it.

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2018, 12:49:59 PM »
I guess I'll be the only one to disagree with this mod, although it looks great.  You've taken a unique, one year only grill, and butchered it.

OK
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"

Scott Zee

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2018, 12:54:17 PM »

how is adding a few small holes to a kettle butchering it??  The SAME holes Weber adds when they produce a Master Touch bowl. I'll call bs on that one darko    ::)
drink a little drink, smoke a little smoke    8)
It's not just a grill, it's a WEBER

Jan M.

• WKC Brave
    • Mogschrauber
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2018, 01:20:47 PM »
I am with Darko.
I personally would never change the original appearance of a kettle.
But this is just my personal meaning.

If someone likes to drill holes ... why not :-)

I have an org. copper Mastertouch and still looking for a Gold or Premium in copper! :-)

Best regards,
Jan

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2018, 01:29:52 PM »
How can I explain...I really like the grill, it was a wonderful mod.  But!!! What has been done here, is a unique grill has been modified to a point it cannot be returned to original. This is just my opinion, nothing more.

Jan M.

• WKC Brave
    • Mogschrauber
« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2018, 01:47:20 PM »

How can I explain...I really like the grill, it was a wonderful mod.  But!!! What has been done here, is a unique grill has been modified to a point it cannot be returned to original. This is just my opinion, nothing more.

Exactly! That’s the point!

Best regards,
Jan

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2018, 01:56:02 PM »
It's cool, I hear what Darko is saying but decided I love this mod more.  This is the perfect grill to do it with.  Considering I scored 2 of them in 2 weeks they are not as rare as say a thumbscrew 60's grill.
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2018, 01:57:24 PM »
Would you keep it a ots or add ash bucket @Darko ?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

Filibuster

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2018, 02:49:35 PM »
   I'm all for OEM mods, hate weird esoteric mods. Case in point with a OTS, when I cover the charcoal grate with foil there's no way I can look down at the sweeps to adjust the air flow. With a OTG I can mark the bucket and know for sure the air flow. Adding a bucket is a plus in my book.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Radio station WEFUNK 50,000 kilowatts of PFUNK power.

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2018, 03:44:01 PM »

greenie, no back handle on the Target Copper...that's why it's a grate candidate for the MT mod. @LightningBoldtz  super mod Jeff...I'll take your advice and measure 10 times before I attempt my 1st bit to kettle experience when I do my MT.

Forgot! Much easier mod than I thought. Nice!

Target Copper is nothing special. For me, this conversion is much better version of the original ots.