Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Table Top for 26" Performer  (Read 896 times)

cnmg432

• Smokey Joe
Table Top for 26" Performer
« on: July 07, 2018, 10:27:46 AM »
I've been running out of room on my Performer for a quite a while.   I'm getting ready to do a big cook this afternoon and wishing for a larger grill.  I've been looking at pellet grills for that reason, but I really only have room for 1 grill.   So I'm thinking of modding my Performer something down this line http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/weber-kettles-accessories/the-og-performer/.   I have access to a good metal shop and can have them cut the pieces.  I would rather go with a SS table top.  I just don't have time to make a beautiful maple one like that.   My question is:  What thickness of stainless for the table?  Will it look right just a thin piece?  Wish there was a way to break the edges and make it look right, but I'm not sure there is.

Last but not least.  It's not possible to just by the kettle and lid from Weber direct and not the whole grill is it? 

I've looked at Kamados.   They are not big enough.   I've looked at Pellet grills and still may go that route if I can't figure this out.   I really just need a bigger Performer.   The Summit would suit me great, but its a bit out of my price range.

qwesthunter

• WKC Brave
Re: Table Top for 26" Performer
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2018, 10:46:03 AM »
. Here is a picture of a 26” that I modified a Gen 2 performer frame by using 1” dia. tubing for the frame. I will eventually add a SS tabletop. I would recommend at least 9 gauge thickness and maybe a couple of cross straps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shoestringshop

• WKC Performer
Re: Table Top for 26" Performer
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2018, 09:05:00 AM »
I've been running out of room on my Performer for a quite a while.   I'm getting ready to do a big cook this afternoon and wishing for a larger grill.  I've been looking at pellet grills for that reason, but I really only have room for 1 grill.   So I'm thinking of modding my Performer something down this line http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/weber-kettles-accessories/the-og-performer/.   I have access to a good metal shop and can have them cut the pieces.  I would rather go with a SS table top.  I just don't have time to make a beautiful maple one like that.   My question is:  What thickness of stainless for the table?  Will it look right just a thin piece?  Wish there was a way to break the edges and make it look right, but I'm not sure there is.

Last but not least.  It's not possible to just by the kettle and lid from Weber direct and not the whole grill is it? 

I've looked at Kamados.   They are not big enough.   I've looked at Pellet grills and still may go that route if I can't figure this out.   I really just need a bigger Performer.   The Summit would suit me great, but its a bit out of my price range.

I built a custom Dual OTP but you could do the same for the 26 just do 1/2 of the table.
http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/weber-grill-modifications-customs/old-custom-dual-otp-pictures/msg349849/#msg349849

Wife said "No more GRILLS in this house!" So I bought a 2nd house!