Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Happy CANADA Day!!!  (Read 1137 times)

RottiGuy

• WKC Performer
Happy CANADA Day!!!
« on: July 01, 2018, 11:47:39 AM »
To all Canadian WKC Members!!! And to everyone out grilling!!!

Sent from my SM-G950W using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Lightning

• WKC Ranger
Re: Happy CANADA Day!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2018, 02:03:04 PM »
Thanks!  I hope you're enjoying the long weekend too.  I've got a prime rib steak that's going to be for supper tonight later on, once the sun and temperatures subside a bit outside.

Rub

• WKC Ranger
    • Swamp Boys BBQ
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2018, 04:49:13 PM »
HCD eh!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
In the market for unicorns to complete my collection: Ambassador, Plainsman, Meat Cut, Custom, Blue 18 MBH, Green 18 MBH

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2018, 05:33:48 PM »
Cheers! Nice Canada Day Kettles.  Grilled up some Lobsters, rib steaks, and top sirloin steaks for dinner tonight. Gen3 performer and 18" WW on duty tonight.

chadster_uk

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2018, 03:26:34 AM »

Cheers! Nice Canada Day Kettles.  Grilled up some Lobsters, rib steaks, and top sirloin steaks for dinner tonight. Gen3 performer and 18" WW on duty tonight.

Wow wow just look at those lobsters omg

Lightning

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2018, 05:54:29 AM »
Wow, that's a cook, Greenweb!  How did the prime rib steak turn out?  The one I had was disappointing.  It turned out to be a truly mediocre piece of meat.  I think that's the last time I'm going to buy steaks from that shop.

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2018, 07:20:26 AM »
Thanks guys! Good quality rib steaks and live lobsters are my go to dinner menu for long weekend holidays as they are our family favorite. Also, I could usually get them on great sale.

Lightning- rib steaks turned out great. Even Top sirloin steaks turned out great. I always try to buy AAA grade steaks on sale. And rest is up to me not to over cook them which I have been pretty good at doing for awhile now.

chadster_uk

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2018, 07:25:03 AM »

Thanks guys! Good quality rib steaks and live lobsters are my go to dinner menu for long weekend holidays as they are our family favorite. Also, I could usually get them on great sale.

Lightning- rib steaks turned out great. Even Top sirloin steaks turned out great. I always try to buy AAA grade steaks on sale. And rest is up to me not to over cook them which I have been pretty good at doing for awhile now.

I wish i could afford that many lobster there like £20 each here in uk I do treat myself now and again lol [emoji23] i ad a nice rib steak myself yesterday it was lush

Lightning

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2018, 10:41:49 AM »
Tonight the WSM is going to be fired up with four racks of back ribs!  The smoker is pretty well set up now - a separate post about a surprise I encountered with that is coming up - and I'm about to prepare the ribs while some ominous clouds pass by.

Lately I've been disappointed with steaks from Lococo's.  Darko's noticed their beef has gone downhill compared to a few years ago too, so it's not just my observation that their "Cut from AA or better" isn't as good as it used to be.  After yesterday's disappointing rib steak, I'll only be getting them at the other place nearby or the St. Lawrence Market in Toronto if I happen to swing by there on my lunch break.

I wish i could afford that many lobster there like £20 each here in uk I do treat myself now and again lol [emoji23] i ad a nice rib steak myself yesterday it was lush

Lobsters typically are not inexpensive here either.  Keep in mind that Greenweb and I are located in Ontario which is well inland from either ocean.  We do have quite a good freshwater fishery on the great lakes but that doesn't help with lobster.  I'm surprised lobster would be that expensive in the UK since lobster are fished in the seas surrounding the UK, and you're never more than 75 miles at most from the coast.  I'm glad you enjoyed the rib steak though!

Lightning

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2018, 11:57:02 AM »
After a short bit of delay while a brief thunderstorm rolled through, the ribs are on!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Lightning

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2018, 06:42:43 PM »
So the ribs got sauced near the end just before the sun dipped below the horizon while one of my friends built a fire in the fire pit. We had asparagus with the ribs and profiteroles for dessert after the last of the sun flight faded away and finished out the Canada Day weekend as the fire burnt down and someone spammed me with text messages wanting me to drive leftovers over to his place...

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2018, 10:48:40 AM »
I hope all you Canucks had a great holiday weekend.  I didn't do much as I spent the weekend recovering from  hand surgery(again).  It's hard to grill stuff when you only have one good hand.

...At least the beer was cold!!!

KettleMaster

• WKC Brave
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2018, 05:07:00 PM »
Nice Kettles & nice Canada Day theme from Vancouver BC;)

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app