Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Walmart Western Lump charcoal is a winner, imo  (Read 4471 times)

charred

• WKC Performer
Re: Walmart Western Lump charcoal is a winner, imo
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2018, 07:28:57 AM »
Before going back for more the other day I checked Brickseek, and it said there were 158 bags or something. Since all the other stores around me showed none or at most 12, I figured BS was wrong. I called and after several mins. the person returned to the phone (miracle) and said they found an entire pallet. (2nd miracle)

I already have a couple hundred pounds of various charcoal in the garage. I don't need more, but this is my favorite fuel right now, so I picked up a couple more bags.
Errands took me near WalMart today so I ran in to check for bbq clearance and to check the Western inventory. Nothing in clearance, but they still had dozens of bags of the charcoal, AND, the price is now $7.88!!! [emoji3]

Sent from my LGMS210 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

hopelessly, helplessly, happily addicted to a shipload of Webers

Jules V.

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2018, 08:05:53 AM »
Good stuff.   Just wish they sell it year round because I prefer it over my everyday RO lump.  Picked up a dozen last week for $9.88 but now some locations are down to $7.88.  On my way to pick up a dozen more and hopefully they eventually drop the price even more so i can stockpile to last until next summer.

charred

• WKC Performer
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2018, 11:26:02 AM »
Good stuff.   Just wish they sell it year round because I prefer it over my everyday RO lump.  Picked up a dozen last week for $9.88 but now some locations are down to $7.88.  On my way to pick up a dozen more and hopefully they eventually drop the price even more so i can stockpile to last until next summer.
Here's a look inside a bag.

Schaefd2

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2018, 06:44:07 PM »
Holy crap!!! $7/bag???? I’m going back to get a lot more! I only got 2 bags this past weekend.
 Here is a pic, fresh out of the chimney.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
I've been called the Robin Hood of Weber Kettles.

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2018, 07:51:21 PM »
Put two more in the trunk today, after leaving @chuck s ‘ place. They had maybe 4 bags left. My Walmart never got any more in, after the party ititial May shipment.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2018, 03:46:36 AM »
Before going back for more the other day I checked Brickseek, and it said there were 158 bags or something. Since all the other stores around me showed none or at most 12, I figured BS was wrong. I called and after several mins. the person returned to the phone (miracle) and said they found an entire pallet. (2nd miracle)

I already have a couple hundred pounds of various charcoal in the garage. I don't need more, but this is my favorite fuel right now, so I picked up a couple more bags.

Thanks for the reminder.  I may be cutting the kingsford close til the labor day sale.  think I'll pick up some next time I'm up there.
Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

charred

• WKC Performer
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2018, 07:38:44 AM »
Holy crap!!! $7/bag???? I’m going back to get a lot more! I only got 2 bags this past weekend.
 Here is a pic, fresh out of the chimney.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

Brickseek shows a store near me that has none left, but the price was $5. If I can get that price I'm in for at least 10 bags. With my current stock, I'll be set thru Labor Day 2019.  :)

charred

• WKC Performer
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2018, 05:15:49 PM »
I've been checking inventory on this stuff and man, there's soooooo many bags left. Within a half hour drive of me there's more than 500 bags, according to Brickseek. I've verified 2 of the locations, totaling more than 200.

That $7.88 price has GOT to drop soon....It's BACK TO SCHOOL SALE time.

I'm like a buzzard, high in the sky, gliding, circling, patiently waiting.  :o

Jon R.

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2018, 03:43:20 AM »
I picked up two bags at the Covington, LA WalMart.  I have used it twice already and this is good lump charcoal.  They had a large pallet in the garden section and the bags were $9.88....

tmartin

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2018, 12:24:53 PM »
Down to $6 a bag at one location near me,  picked up 10 today.

Mike in Roseville

• WKC Performer
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2018, 12:47:48 PM »
A bunch of it around me ...$7.88 a bag.

May need to go pick some up and give it a try.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

charred

• WKC Performer
« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2018, 06:47:06 PM »
Woohoo. Did my daily Brickseek search this a.m. and found 1 store was $6 instead of $7.88. Inventory was listed at 351 bags. I called to confirm and was told, by a not-too-bright sounding person, that there were none there, "maybe it's online".

I made the trip anyway and yeah, there looked to be 351 bags stacked chest high on pallets, taking up half the garden center floor. Lol.

charred

• WKC Performer
« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2018, 04:55:48 PM »
Woohoo. Did my daily Brickseek search this a.m. and found 1 store was $6 instead of $7.88. Inventory was listed at 351 bags. I called to confirm and was told, by a not-too-bright sounding person, that there were none there, "maybe it's online".

I made the trip anyway and yeah, there looked to be 351 bags stacked chest high on pallets, taking up half the garden center floor. Lol.
Bingo! Same place now $5!

davekkk

• WKC Brave
« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2018, 04:56:58 AM »
Good deal. I've been keeping close eye at my store. Most of the bags are torn up and have packaging tape on them. I am hoping they discount soon, and don't just purge and throw away.

Mike in Roseville

• WKC Performer
« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2018, 08:29:02 AM »
Still $7.88 at most places around here, but found one location that has it for $5 a bag and another that has it at $3 a bag. Time to strike!

UPDATE:

My dad was in the area of a Walmart store with Western @ $3. He kindly got me 10 bags! Helluva deal!
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 03:38:54 PM by Mike in Roseville »