Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Extreme grilling weekend!  (Read 933 times)

mcgolden

• WKC Ranger
Extreme grilling weekend!
« on: June 25, 2018, 04:55:59 AM »
Extreme at least from the perspective of size and new accessories tried.

Saturday night we were having some people over so I figured it would be a good night to try out the Arteflame grate on my Summit. It took a little bit of figuring out, but it was awesome.

I started getting it lit early in case I ran into issues, which I kind of did.  First I got some charcoal going with the charcoal coal grate in the lower position with the gas start. Once the charcoals were good and lit I threw on a couple of mini hickory logs and let them get to burning. Note to self, if you’re going to add wood, keep the lid open and let the wood really burn down.  I didn’t realize that at first and the grill got very hot (see temp gauge in second pic) and very smokey. Once I realize I should keep the lid open, everything was good. Might try with either less, or no wood next time to see if it heats as well.

Anyway, once I got going, I loved the way this thing cooked. Nice sear, no flair ups, good temp control and juicy food. Overall a big success.  And it cleaned up nicely too with a quick scrape and a spritz of vegetable oil to re-season.

Sunday was a little different. I had been out running errands late in the day and didn’t get home until 6:00. The family was all hungry and we had burgers and Italian sausage ready to cook. The problem was I haven’t had propane for my Weber Spirit in over a year. Frankly animals could be living in it and I wouldn’t know it. Should probably remedy that. Anyway, I figured this could be a good time to break out my WGA with Craycorts I hadn’t used yet. The thing performed like a champ. Good and hot in five minutes and cooked beautifully.   So all in all a productive weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Dc_smoke309

• WKC Ranger
Re: Extreme grilling weekend!
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2018, 10:17:12 AM »
Looks like some good eats there .

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2018, 10:29:57 AM »
looks awesome!!
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2018, 12:18:37 PM »
Wow!! Food looks great but those grated on both cookers are cool!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk