Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: A lime is always a great distraction  (Read 2287 times)

CatskillSmoker

• WKC Performer
Re: A lime is always a great distraction
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2018, 06:18:47 AM »
Glad it worked out for you brother. Good luck on the mend.
You got a beauty there, as well as your wife. Congrats

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2018, 03:54:12 PM »
Hope that’s not your wine drinking hand. “Here’s” to speedy recovery, indeed.

Hunt and peck around your computer to see if it has a speech-to-text feature. Might make the next few weeks better (or go horribly wrong.)
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

Cellar2ful

« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2018, 05:19:20 PM »

Thanks for all of the well wishes.  I have quickly adapted to using only my left hand. I had been practicing for a few weeks prior to the surgery. Three nights not grilling is all I could take. Tonight I have set up Robigus (18" WW) to grill some sausages and cauliflower.  The wife is doing all the prep work, dishes and anything requiring the use of a knife.  Man I miss using my Shun's but you really need two hands for that.

"Chasing Classic Kettles"

RSHU

• WKC Brave
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2018, 11:03:37 PM »
Sweet grill! Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

Mike Huff

• WKC Brave
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2018, 04:36:27 AM »
Thanks for sharing and speedy recovery to you. Grate looking lime.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Mark Schnell

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2018, 08:29:24 AM »
Glad to hear the surgery went well @Cellar2ful . Since you'll be in a cast for six weeks and you NEED to be active on here, you might consider some speech recognition software called Dragon Naturally Speaking. My father in law lost some fingers in a fight with a table saw a few years ago and he teaches college classes online. I bought him the software and it works so well and he loves it so much that he said he wished he had it before he lost his fingers. Just a thought if you're someone who writes much on the computer.

Get well, brother!

inkaddictedchef1

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2018, 10:35:32 AM »
Speed recovery Jim glad the surgery went well... congrats on the lime. Your kettle karma is AMAZING.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

james1787

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2018, 05:42:20 AM »
Congrats on the Lime, wishing you a speedy recovery!
Seeking either 56-58 anything or Westerner

hawgheaven

• WKC Performer
    • Hawg Heaven Smokin' BBQ
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2018, 09:36:29 AM »
Congrats on the lime, and prayers for a speedy recovery!
Multiple kettles and WSM's. I am not a collector, just a gatherer... and a sick bastard.

Jon

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2018, 10:39:22 PM »
Jim, I expect you will walk right through this and get that kettle going. Good Luck.

Cellar2ful

« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2018, 07:17:23 AM »

So yesterday I had my first post op appointment. The cast and bandages were removed and I got my first look at my hand. Shocking to say the least. I have about 50-60 sutures in two separate areas of the right palm, with one suture line running halfway up my middle finger. Good thing is, still no pain. Now I have a removable hard splint which makes life a little easier as simple things like flossing your teeth really require two hands. Next week I meet with the surgeon and hope to have a time line on when I can return to weight lifting and restoring kettles. For now I quench my weberitis thirst by BBQing every night.  I look out my back sliding door and the kettles awaiting restorations are lined up like little puppy dogs waiting for attention.  Maybe I can at least give the lime a bath today (left handed of course).
"Chasing Classic Kettles"

Jon

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2018, 12:41:55 AM »
That all sounds like good news. I wish that I could help you with your "puppy dogs."