Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Need help dating this weber kettle  (Read 876 times)

cafe-con-leche

• Smokey Joe
Need help dating this weber kettle
« on: July 19, 2018, 07:38:19 PM »
Hi, I have recently received a kettle from a Nextdoor neighbor, it has seen some uses, but after scrape off the years of grease, it's not in bad condition. However, I was not able to date this kettle. There are many weber dating websites showing photo and dating letter, numbers, but none of those matches mine.

So the kettle has wooden handles, the lid has big "Weber" and "PAT.3538906". According to some pages, the big "Weber" and "PAT.3538906" should be 1976~1978, but it also says those should have metal handles. So it's a conflict. The lid still has rivet, so doesn't look like has been replaced or swapped.

The lid also has very faint 2 letter of "EF", it's barely visible, needs to see in a certain angle. But I am certain it's EF, not EE or something else. But there is no such year of "EF".

Any idea??

Thanks ahead.
Peter

YardBurner

• WKC Ranger
Re: Need help dating this weber kettle
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2018, 09:07:47 PM »
Is it a one touch?

If so it is an EE.  So 1999, me thinks.

qrczak1

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2018, 10:56:07 PM »
EF ist rather Impossible. EE is the right code meaning 1999. Furthermore, a kettle from the 70s wouldn't have this kind of ash catcher.

Schaefd2

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2018, 03:23:19 AM »
I would just start with a simple, friendly "Hello, how are you?" and go from there. I know some online profiles are pretty vague, but I wouldnt worry too much about determining her age right now as she is clearly over 18. I would also stay away from any comments about "getting her hot" or "smoking some meat" as that would probably be too much too fast.

Welcome to WKC by the way!!
I've been called the Robin Hood of Weber Kettles.

vwengguy

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2018, 06:01:56 AM »
[emoji23]🤣🤪[emoji106]🏻  @Schaefd2 that is just great!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2018, 06:05:15 AM »
just don't get caught rubbing any other kettles while dating this one
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

RRRanger99

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2018, 07:06:28 AM »
If she has a bestie, set up one of your friends and double date on the first date, so she feels nice and comfy with you!

cafe-con-leche

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2018, 08:02:17 AM »
@Schaefd2 , HA! took me a minute to get your "dating" instruction.... good one!.

I guess I will just assume it an EE, though it really look like EF. Anyways, I was just curious.... that if she is of age.... :P