Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: My first cold call...  (Read 909 times)

michaelmilitello

• WKC Performer
My first cold call...
« on: December 31, 2019, 01:59:28 PM »
Saw this a mile from my house.  Love the patina on it.  Took a shot at knocking on the door.  The man of the house was not home but his wife said it gets used one day of the year: to make the family thanksgiving turkey.  The kettle belonged to the owner’s father, which he bought new in 1969.  I’d say that’s right by the rusty steel wheels and no thumbscrews.  Sounds like a lot of sentimental value there but I’ll give a shot when he gets home. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Red_5_Wrangler

• WKC Ranger
Re: My first cold call...
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2019, 02:53:03 PM »
Saw this a mile from my house.  Love the patina on it.  Took a shot at knocking on the door.  The man of the house was not home but his wife said it gets used one day of the year: to make the family thanksgiving turkey.  The kettle belonged to the owner’s father, which he bought new in 1969.  I’d say that’s right by the rusty steel wheels and no thumbscrews.  Sounds like a lot of sentimental value there but I’ll give a shot when he gets home. 

Bring a cleaned up newer cooker for them to use on next year's bird too. I seem to have better luck with the sentimental ones and explaining that it will be refurbished and cherished.

Good luck
ISO - CMist Go Anywhere, the cheif, yellow

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2019, 03:48:50 PM »
I was going to say the same thing. Bring a newer shiny cooker, explain your love and passion for all things Weber Kettle and see where it goes. If he keeps it, ask him to join the WKC and learn about restoring and preserving the kettle he cherishes so much.

Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

foshizzle

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2020, 09:16:03 AM »
+2. Nice looking cooker. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

brewtownbeatdown

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2020, 09:19:44 AM »
I was going to say the same thing. Bring a newer shiny cooker, explain your love and passion for all things Weber Kettle and see where it goes. If he keeps it, ask him to join the WKC and learn about restoring and preserving the kettle he cherishes so much.
Totally agree. 

Obviously looking for a Glen Blue (who isn’t?😂).

Looking for anything Happy Cooker, including any re-branded as Montgomery Ward.  I’ve amassed a nice collection, but I’m missing a few still.  Let me know if you can help a fella out🤞