Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: One of these days I will learn to use a bigger kettle, or at least more of them.  (Read 733 times)

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
I'm in one of "those moods."

So I'm cooking 4 or 5 smallish sweet potatoes. I cut them lengthwise and season with butter and various spices the smart anonymous Internet people tell me to spice them with. They've been going indirect for a solid 45 minutes so they are CLOSE. You can't fit 4 or 5 smallish sweet potatoes, cut lengthwise, indirect, on a 22 without doubling them up. So I did.

Got 'em spaced out and also on the #3200 Warming Rack, or whatever they're calling the 3200 in Europe these days:

And I'm oddly having an existential @Jules V. moment, "wishing" (air quotes, heh) for a taco handle because even this lovely @zavod44 handle isn't insulating me from the heat.

Crap, where did I put the lid?

We do a lot of basic white rice. For a while now, it's been made in my favorite $12 thrift store find!

I'll get back on topic later, probably.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2018, 04:16:16 PM by addicted-to-smoke »
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
Right. So. There was protein, but it had to wait until there was room for it.

If I used two machines or a larger one, I imagine moving stuff around at my leisure, yawning at how easy and boring it all is. Do I need some drama? Don't answer that.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

mhiszem

• WKC Performer
Lol interesting quandary

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
WGA, Uline Green SJ, '95 Red M/T, '88 Red 18", '01 Plum SSP, Patent Pending Yellow

Jules V.

• WKC Ranger

And I'm oddly having an existential @Jules V. moment, "wishing" (air quotes, heh) for a taco handle because even this lovely @zavod44 handle isn't insulating me from the heat.
Without the taco, you'll burn your fingers along with your Zav's.  I have a lid with a   handle strap height of 6 1/2" and the wooden handle still gets very hot.

Both lids got a taco transplants. Might be ugly to look at but at least it keeps my fingers cool and beautiful.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2018, 05:55:29 PM by Jules V. »

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador