Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Lid Bale in Master touch the same as performer?  (Read 1178 times)

mdb240

• WKC Brave
Lid Bale in Master touch the same as performer?
« on: May 06, 2018, 06:34:51 PM »
Would a year old Mastertouch lid bale fit an older 2012performer like the new performer lid bale that is out there? Obviously I don't have it in front of my otherwise I would just try it. Any help?

indy82z

• WKC Ranger
Re: Lid Bale in Master touch the same as performer?
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2018, 01:01:16 AM »
Yep, should fit just fine. Newer Performer bale assemblies allow the lid to sit up more straight, but it should bolt up no problem.

Heyjude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2018, 06:31:49 AM »
Is the lid bale on the newer master touch the larger one? I'm of the opinion that they are only on the newer Performer series of grills.
I suspect its due to the "Tipping" factor..
What about the LE Reds?
I don't care if you don't like my Avatar, its there for me..

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2018, 06:49:54 AM »
For what it’s worth, I much prefer the slide aside over the lid bale (new and old).  The slide aside places the lid further down and out of the way. 

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

mdb240

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2018, 10:05:55 AM »
Is the lid bale on the newer master touch the larger one? I'm of the opinion that they are only on the newer Performer series of grills.
I suspect its due to the "Tipping" factor..
What about the LE Reds?

I don't know.. My brother doesn't use his Mastertouch lid Bale so I told him I would swap it for my older Performer version.  I am hoping when on the performer, the lid sits more up and down and out of the way.  I'll find out in a couple of days I guess.

1ROW

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2018, 03:53:17 PM »
What Heyjude said. The newer master touch lid bails are the old style. Only the post 2015 performers have the new larger lid bail. I tried a new performer lid bail on my master touch. It was pretty tippy which I didn't care for so I switched it back.

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2018, 06:47:01 PM »
I just checked my Ivory mastertouch & the LE red, and the lids sit at an angle. On my 2016 performer the lid is vertical.