Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Moore's Marinade  (Read 1237 times)

Foster Dahlet

• WKC Ranger
Moore's Marinade
« on: April 15, 2018, 04:38:05 PM »
One of my go to cooks these days is bone -in chicken thighs, marinated in Moore's Marinade.  I learned of Moore's from a post by @firedude5015   some time ago and now I love that stuff....highly recommended.....my family scarfs that chicken down.  Thanks firedude!

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 04:56:29 PM by Foster Dahlet »
I like my Kettles like my coffee....strong and black.

2019 Black 26" OKP; 2015 Black 22" OKP; 2004 Black SJP; mid 70's Statesman; mid 70's Gourmet, 2017 Black CGA; 2000 Black GGA;

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Moore's Marinade
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2018, 05:03:13 PM »
Moore's gets recommended similar to Dales, right?

I see three listed on their site. Original, Zesty Garlic and Herb, and Teriyaki.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

Foster Dahlet

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2018, 05:34:08 PM »
Moore's gets recommended similar to Dales, right?

I see three listed on their site. Original, Zesty Garlic and Herb, and Teriyaki.
Similar to Dales, yes, but about 1/2 the sodium.....in fact I was hesitant to try Moore's because of my experience with Dales many years ago.  I did try dales low sodium recently, but prefer Moore's original.  I have not tried the other varieties yet.

2019 Black 26" OKP; 2015 Black 22" OKP; 2004 Black SJP; mid 70's Statesman; mid 70's Gourmet, 2017 Black CGA; 2000 Black GGA;

TheKevman

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2018, 05:57:17 PM »
Chicken thighs are the best! Easy and fun to cook and hard to screw up. Thanks for the marinade suggestion. I’ll have to check that out.

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
A man who has an experience is never at the mercy of a man who has just a theory.

Bigmac

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2018, 06:42:25 AM »
The wife and I love Moore’s. It’s great on steak and pork chops too!

oldivers

• WKC Brave
Moore's Marinade
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2018, 03:44:54 AM »
I once did a blind taste test.  I bought a sirloin and cut it into several pieces.  I then marinated each piece in a different marinade.  We used Dales, Moores, Johnny Fleeman, and Kroger brand.  They all looked similar in appearance.  All the pieces of steak were marinated for the same amount of time and cooked identically on the same grill simultaneously.  Five different people took bites from each sample and the Moores was rated the best tasting by everyone.  The zesty garlic and herb is relatively new and I have used it on chicken with great results.  The Moores original marinade has as much sodium as Dales low sodium but tastes better.  Academy sports sells the original Moores marinade in a quart bottle which is much cheaper than buying the pint sized bottle in the grocery store.

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
« Last Edit: April 18, 2018, 03:46:50 AM by oldivers »

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2018, 04:07:02 AM »

One of my go to cooks these days is bone -in chicken thighs, marinated in Moore's Marinade.  I learned of Moore's from a post by @firedude5015   some time ago and now I love that stuff....highly recommended.....my family scarfs that chicken down.  Thanks firedude!

I don’t marinade often enough. Is Moore’s available at the regular grocery stores?  Also how do you cook your thighs?  Bone in skin on?

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Foster Dahlet

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2018, 06:22:34 AM »

I don’t marinade often enough. Is Moore’s available at the regular grocery stores?  Also how do you cook your thighs?  Bone in skin on?

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
We have Moore's at Kroger, Publix and Wal-Mart...unfortunately not Aldi's (my fav). Put chicken in Ziploc w/marinade, fire up chimney / preheat the grill....that is enough time for the marinade to work.  Bone in, skin on, indirect.....will look reddish brown when fully cooked....beautiful and slightly crispy.  You will love it.

Foster Dahlet

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2018, 03:10:39 PM »
And here they are.....