Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Gen 3 to Gen 4 performer  (Read 898 times)

Firemunkee

• WKC Ranger
Gen 3 to Gen 4 performer
« on: May 05, 2018, 11:44:08 AM »
I picked a gen 4 copper performer deluxe that was less than a year old for $100. I was planning on ordering the metal table and larger lid holder from Weber for my gen 3 C&B green performer but this was a better deal because I ended up with extra cash in my pocket after flipping. At first I was just going to swap the tables and lid holder but decided to drop in my green kettle into the gen 4 cart so that I could have all newish parts. This ended up being a little bit more work than I realized because the ignition between the gen 3 and gen 4 are not compatible. So I had to swap those out as well. While I was at it I also replaced the nuts and wahsers with stainless steel parts.

I love the metal table in the lid is now out of the way. I also now have a new set of charcoal baskets with which I plan to make the @56MPG  Marty "bigger better basket".
Together we'll fight the long defeat.

sodaking27

• Smokey Joe
Re: Gen 3 to Gen 4 performer
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2018, 04:21:48 PM »
Looks great.

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2018, 04:33:11 PM »
Very nice! Metal table looks so much better.  I've just bought a metal table for my Gen2 project. Change up to either another green ( spring green which is lighter than grass green/C&B green ), Slate, or Blue this year.

Firemunkee

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2018, 04:53:51 PM »
Very nice! Metal table looks so much better.  I've just bought a metal table for my Gen2 project. Change up to either another green ( spring green which is lighter than grass green/C&B green ), Slate, or Blue this year.
Thanks. I vote slate for a monochrome look or blue because it is such a vibrant blue it goes well with the black. Can't wait to see the finished product!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Together we'll fight the long defeat.

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2018, 04:58:56 PM »
Thanks. I vote slate for a monochrome look or blue because it is such a vibrant blue it goes well with the black. Can't wait to see the finished product!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

I will keep this in mind. Thanks!