Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Beef knuckle?  (Read 776 times)

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
Beef knuckle?
« on: May 05, 2018, 09:01:58 AM »
Anyone cooked it?  I’ve got one on. I was going to treat it like brisket but may be too lean. A very quick google search had varying ideas. I googled while in the store. I guess I’ll find out.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Beef knuckle?
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2018, 12:59:22 PM »
I guess this is also a sirloin tip roast. I took one out at 145 to taste and decide if I wanted them medium or cooked longer like a chuck roast. I decided longer with a little beer and Worcestershire. Conveniently my take and bake pans from last nights dinner were perfect. Here is at 4 hours.

The 2x1 weber coal snake is really working well. 240 steady for 4 hours and remarkably it looks like only the first 1/4 if the snake has been used!!!!  I really can’t believe it. That’s way different than with any other coal I’ve used. This could compete with my wsm for long cooks. I can’t even imagine how long the 26 would go. It’s hard to tell from the picture but my snake hasn’t even made it past the first chunk of wood. Nice clean smoke the entire time.

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2018, 04:09:40 PM »
It was some tasty vittles. Brisket like. Less fat so a little dryer but the broth was great.

Firemunkee

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2018, 04:12:41 PM »
Thanks for sharing! I like seeing different things be done. How many lit coals did you use to start the snake? I haven't tried that method yet

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Together we'll fight the long defeat.

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2018, 04:22:01 PM »

Thanks for sharing! I like seeing different things be done. How many lit coals did you use to start the snake? I haven't tried that method yet

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

I don’t count them. I usually light a 1/4 chimney and place them at the start.  With any other brand of charcoal I can get 7-8 hours out of a snake. This weber charcoal would have went 12 no problem. Really incredible to me.

I was running 240 steady with the bottom vent half and the top vent half.

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2018, 08:27:36 PM »
Looks good man. Never heard tip roast called beef knuckle before. Looks like it would make some good chopped beef Sammie’s. Wonder if it’s cousin to the more popular cut , the camel toe? [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk