Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: My first GA  (Read 1584 times)

Grillagin

• WKC Ranger
My first GA
« on: May 04, 2018, 10:10:00 AM »
I went over to help my Dad with a task today, and this was waiting for me.  It was given to me by a family friend who had no use for it.  I would have preferred it to be charcoal, but it was free, still had the box and was lightly used.  The packing tape is still on the legs. I'm not sure how to date these grills, yet, but it has nice maple handles.  Thanks for looking.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Foster Dahlet

• WKC Ranger
Re: My first GA
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2018, 11:47:42 AM »
I went over to help my Dad with a task today, and this was waiting for me.  It was given to me by a family friend who had no use for it.  I would have preferred it to be charcoal, but it was free, still had the box and was lightly used.  The packing tape is still on the legs. I'm not sure how to date these grills, yet, but it has nice maple handles.  Thanks for looking.
You will love it.  I have both CGA and GGA.  Both are fun to use.  See write up on GAs for date of grill and match Model # on box.  But wood handles will suggest pre-2000. 

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

I like my Kettles like my coffee....strong and black.

2019 Black 26" OKP; 2015 Black 22" OKP; 2004 Black SJP; mid 70's Statesman; mid 70's Gourmet, 2017 Black CGA; 2000 Black GGA;

Grillagin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2018, 04:12:22 PM »
Thanks. The manual was under the box flap. 1997. Do these count as a kettle? I suppose I could give gas a chance.

Sent from my XT1032 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Grillagin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2018, 04:43:55 PM »
You will love it.  I have both CGA and GGA.  Both are fun to use.  See write up on GAs for date of grill and match Model # on box.  But wood handles will suggest pre-2000. 

Sorry. I meant to reply to you not myself. Still getting used to doing this on my phone.

Foster Dahlet

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2018, 05:28:16 PM »

Sorry. I meant to reply to you not myself. Still getting used to doing this on my phone.

Mine had assembly instructions from 1993..... Product manual 1997. ...registration card from 1997...wood handles, pre 2000...but box was 1530, which is 2000....so it is a little confusing. 

I like my Kettles like my coffee....strong and black.

2019 Black 26" OKP; 2015 Black 22" OKP; 2004 Black SJP; mid 70's Statesman; mid 70's Gourmet, 2017 Black CGA; 2000 Black GGA;

Grillagin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2018, 06:44:33 PM »

Mine had assembly instructions from 1993..... Product manual 1997. ...registration card from 1997...wood handles, pre 2000...but box was 1530, which is 2000....so it is a little confusing. 

The UPC label on the box says 2/19/98.

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2018, 07:42:19 AM »
Im sorta in love with my GAs have 1 of each. Bad ass little cookers. Check out capt joes videos on youtube he dose good cooks 

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Weber Kettle Club mobile app