Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: No serial number on One-Touch  (Read 956 times)

craigflowers

• Happy Cooker
No serial number on One-Touch
« on: May 02, 2018, 06:52:42 PM »
I bought a limited edition little red kettle and decided to rehab my old Weber One Touch.  It's been abused over the years and modified and repaired and whatnot.  I looked at the age guide but my kettle does not have anything stamped on the lid vent.  While cleaning the bowl I noticed there are indentations where the old style vents would have been.  Not sure if that's common or not.  Here's a picture of the lid vent.  Am I missing something?  What's up with this?

Thanks for your input.

-cf
Craig
Champaign, Illinois

varekai

• WKC Ranger
Re: No serial number on One-Touch
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2018, 06:59:59 PM »
could be as old as 78, but no older. And welcome to the club.
CGA,GGA, jumbo joe, 3-18" kettles,22" blue,green,yellow and 2 reds, 1-22" lid mod for pizza, a genesis silver,2 Red SS Performers,2 26ers,1 red, 1 chief and a Ranch Kettle.

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2018, 03:56:12 AM »
Welcome to WKC.

This is the second instance within the last week where someone had a '78 lid (raised "WEBER" without letter code) but with One Touch ('83-later). Interesting.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

Hell Fire Grill

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2018, 04:36:26 AM »
Rub a piece of charcoal on the vent then lightly rub it off a little at a time...I think its an O.
You can't always get what you want....but if you try sometimes you get what you need

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2018, 05:00:02 AM »
Wait! I think I see something.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

Heyjude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2018, 07:47:50 PM »
I can't tell.. Is that a faded Hendrix? Those are so rare..
I don't care if you don't like my Avatar, its there for me..