Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: New grill! OTP!  (Read 1528 times)

Cellar2ful

Re: New grill! OTP!
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2018, 03:41:50 PM »

@Schaefd2 I've always been interested in those but have never understood the date range. They have wheels and lid thermo that suggests mid/late-2000s but also came in burgundy or maroon which hints more at early-mid 2000s, but Weber was still using the long stem lid thermo on mid-2000s Performers (2nd gen). Maybe the lid thermo is shared with Genesis. Did early/mid-2000s OTG have a lid thermo, like this? Do I need any more coffee this morning?

I have picked up, restored and resold two of these One Touch Platinums. The earliest one I have come across was a black 2009 (DE Code).  The other was a brick red 2010 (AD Code).  On another thread, I recall someone saying they had one that was a 2011 or 2012. 
"Chasing Classic Kettles"

cigarman20

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2018, 03:49:43 PM »
I picked up an AD code in March and have cooked on it a half dozen times. Like it a lot. Thinking about adding a hinge to the lid and maybe a custom handle.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
Grails- ‘63 Fleetwood, Ambassador

Schaefd2

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2018, 03:50:28 PM »
Just picked up my black DE code OTP!! I thought there would be GBS grates and charcoal baskets but only a flip up grate was inside. Oh well! Free!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
I've been called the Robin Hood of Weber Kettles.

Cellar2ful

« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2018, 03:54:14 PM »

Not sure when the GBS grates were introduced but I don't believe those came with them. 
"Chasing Classic Kettles"

Schaefd2

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2018, 04:46:29 PM »

Not sure when the GBS grates were introduced but I don't believe those came with them.
i saw a couple ads for OTP’s with new GBS grates in them but maybe they were upgrades

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
I've been called the Robin Hood of Weber Kettles.