Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Kugel  (Read 1915 times)

One Touch Platinum

• WKC Brave
Kugel
« on: May 17, 2013, 10:52:45 PM »
My wife requested that I try my hand at making Kugel. I had never even heard of it before but she had some at a place she used to work and really liked it.  I have to say that it is kind of strange to eat something sweet that has noodles in it, but it is pretty good and it smells wonderful when you are making it up. Cooked on the grill at 350 for about an hour.

Gonna do a pork loin tomorrow on the rotisserie .

If it needs to be Heated to be Eated, I can do it on my Weber!

Jeff

• WKC Performer
Re: Kugel
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2013, 02:42:29 AM »
Never heard of it.  Whats in it?  How did it turn out for you?
Kettle collector AND cooker!

One Touch Platinum

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2013, 08:06:34 AM »
It turned out great! It has noodles, eggs,sour cream,cream cheese,cottage cheese, sugar,vanilla extract,butter and it topped off with a mix of brown sugar,sugar and cinnamon. You can add fruit or preserves or honey etc. My wife said it came out great......I never even heard of it before last weekend so I will assume that it came out good. :-\ .It is slightly sweet and smells very much vanilla like. It is a quiche even though it is considered a pudding.

Idahawk

• WKC Performer
Kugel
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2013, 10:27:03 AM »
Very cool
Wanted plum/burgundy 18.5
WTB Color Copies of old Weber Catalogs

Heyjude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2013, 07:38:05 PM »
The Weber doesn't care what it cooks. It just lives to do it well. Please share the recipe..
I have seen it before, but can't remember where.  Is it considerd a desert? AJ  8)
I don't care if you don't like my Avatar, its there for me..

One Touch Platinum

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2013, 08:21:44 PM »
Here is the recipe I followed. I cut it in half because I didn't need to feed 16 people. Yes it is considered a dessert sort of...I think more of a side dish maybe. There are all sorts of variations on the basic recipe for this dish, added fruit or other sweeteners etc. My wife says that it is very similar in taste to bread pudding.
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/cinnamon-noodle-kugel/