Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: The Smoke  (Read 922 times)

crowderjd

• WKC Ranger
The Smoke
« on: April 02, 2018, 06:57:26 PM »
Well, it was a crazy weekend, but the Smoke is assembled.  I got home on Friday afternoon around 1pm.  My wife and kids are out of town for Easter, and I was looking forward to some quiet time, and some grill time!  I took a shower and put my clothes in the wash...then I laid down for a nap around 2.  I fully intended on going to Good Friday church at 7pm...but woke from my nap at 7:10!  Watched a movie and went back to bed at 10:30 and slept straight through the night (which never happens).  It was a good thing too, because soon after I woke up on Saturday I found out my Godson (son of a coworker...Vegas is weird...most people are from somewhere else and don't have a lot of family in town...so my wife and I are Godparents to little Lonnie) had fell on Friday night, and had some swelling on his skull so they were taking him down to the big hospital near the strip for observation.  I went down to check on him, and I ended up being there for a while, then taking their other two kids back to their house to rest...anyway, all ended up OK, (Lonnie was ok and is back home). 

Easter, I went to church, then brunch with friends...then finally it was time to assemble the smoke.  What a grill!  It's my first brand new grill (that I've kept and not flipped), and I think it's beautiful.  It's one of the few grills I think looks better in the shade than in the sun.  I love it.  Grilled some burgers yesterday afternoon, and a ribeye tonight.  I haven't broken in the Smoke yet, as I'm waiting for the family to get home, and I think I might have my fellow Peru chaperones over next weekend for some Pollo a la Brasa (Peru's national grilled chicken dish).  Finally, I packed and shipped the Chief that started this crazy adventure this morning.  I really want to thank @inkaddictedchef1 and @JEBIV for making this all possible.  The patience, kindness, generosity, and willingness to help strangers is what I love about WKC.

On to the pics...I apologize if they aren't all in order...

« Last Edit: April 02, 2018, 07:02:14 PM by crowderjd »
Chasing the impossibles: Westerner, Custom, Meat Cut!

Rub

• WKC Ranger
    • Swamp Boys BBQ
Re: The Smoke
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2018, 07:08:41 PM »
What a cool story and great looking kettle. The smoke has such a unique look to it, almost metallic. You've got an amazing lineup of kettles my friend. Love the pics. Congrats to all of you guys.
In the market for unicorns to complete my collection: Ambassador, Plainsman, Meat Cut, Custom, Blue 18 MBH, Green 18 MBH

mhiszem

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2018, 02:24:19 AM »
Love the smoke! Glad Lonnie and his family are alright.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
WGA, Uline Green SJ, '95 Red M/T, '88 Red 18", '01 Plum SSP, Patent Pending Yellow

Jules V.

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2018, 06:46:20 PM »
I need a smoke!

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2018, 07:04:53 PM »
Congrats on your Smoke. Love the lineup your have.

Vinnybaggadonuts

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2018, 07:12:48 PM »
Almost looks like a chrome/black chrome... that’s sharp!!! Never seen that before...
Too bad I just bought my red limited...

Stop it you instigators!!!!
I don’t need three kettles!!!

You people need help!!!

Wait, I’m starting to sound like the wife... maybe I’M the one that needs help!!!

Vinny

Jon

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2018, 10:37:10 PM »
Congratulations. That is a beautiful kettle and a great lineup.

RottiGuy

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2018, 12:21:34 AM »
Beauty kettle right there!! Great line-up!!