Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Convince me of the upside: snake vs slow & sear  (Read 5726 times)

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Convince me of the upside: snake vs slow & sear
« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2018, 04:50:37 PM »
The most enticing to me is their drip n griddle but only for the griddle use. It looks like it is a good size and I like the sides, shape, and handles from what I’ve seen.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

qrczak1

• WKC Ranger
Re: Convince me of the upside: snake vs slow & sear
« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2018, 11:24:19 PM »
Somebody mentioned that it's not worth the money. I went this way calculating wether it is so or not. Got mine for 60 [emoji387] ($75) in total (SnS made in Germany). 1 lbs of Weber briquettes costs here in average (clearance and regular price) $0.75. For a long job (8-10 hrs) I need one full chimney = approx. 5 lbs. Would I do the same in WSM, I would need exactly 2 chimneys. It means that one long cook in 22" kettle with SnS gives me a saving of almost $4. So my ROI is more or less 20 cooks (I wrote earlier 15-30 cooks as it is simply depending on how long every cook takes). Furthermore, as @vwenguy is always saying, we are cheap asses here[emoji23] and we really save on charcoals to invest the money somewhere else meaning in the kettles[emoji3] .

The snake is most probably the cheapest option but due to, IMHO, less cooking surface I simply prefer SnS.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2018, 01:25:46 PM by qrczak1 »