Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: BROWNIE + '95 NIB black 18" wood handle & '97 NIB black SJ wood handle  (Read 916 times)

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
I was on the listing like white on rice, but the guy wasn't able to meet until Monday so I was sweating about all the others that might notice.
The pic of the brownie was so dusty, I had to enlarge it to figure out if it was a brownie or a red underneath that dirt.  '83 "premium" one-touch with sweeps that work nice.  I only noticed on chip on top of the lid during a quick glance.  Bottom was solid.  For some reason, it had clips for ash pan & slotted ash pan for legs.  Came with spider webs & a healthy dose of ash inside.  Seems like it's been garaged for many years since the last use. 

Also picked up these two NIBs while I was at it.  Both are black, with the 18" being a '95 & the SJ being a '97.  I'm guessing they are not worth much for flipping or trade as NIB.  Am I right?????

I was thinking of swapping out handles, grates & any other useful parts for some used ones & then just listing them on Craigslist as used to get some of my money back.

Thoughts? (other than sacrilege)
regards,
Hal

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
Not sure but the E code is my birth year.  I'd love to trade you my E brownie for yours.  It looks just a tad nicer than mine.  Nice find.
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
Maybe it won't look so nice cleaned up.
Out of curiosity, @kettlebb, what year is yours and is it a one touch with the ash sweeps?
regards,
Hal

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
@PotsieWeber my E code brownie is 1983 with the OT sweeps like yours.  It just has a bit more character from what I can see in your pics.  I might PM you about your 18 BBK to see if you want to trade.  I don't have an 18 on legs anymore after the sale of my red K.
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
Ok, I was confused.  At first, I thought you had a different year & were trying to get your birth year.

Pic is only one side & like I said, I only got a very quick glance at it while buying it, dumping the ashes in the parking lot where I met the guy, removing the legs, tossing it in my truck, & quickly hiding it in the shed this morning.  In other words, you never know, yours might be nicer.
regards,
Hal