Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Performer covers older vs newer  (Read 637 times)

DynaGlide

• WKC Brave
Performer covers older vs newer
« on: March 31, 2018, 09:17:11 AM »
My CL 2006 Performer came with a nice Weber cloth type cover that's still very pliable and doesn't have any issues. My newer cover for my 2015 22.5" kettle w/ side table is similar to the one I had for my Weber gas grill. Both of the newer covers have like a vinyl material that does not hold up to winter. Cracks, gets holes, gets very rigid.

If I were to buy another cover at some point for the Performer would it be the new kind that doesn't last?

nolch01

• WKC Ranger
Performer covers older vs newer
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2018, 06:52:53 PM »
My new 2016 MT cover is great.  Does well in full sun all day and winters in STL MO.  Weber updated covers that year I believe.   My 2014 Gen 300 cover faded and went brittle in less time.    Check out the new covers in store somewhere if you can.  Well worth it

Also I now have the Classic Accessories Ravenna Cover for the Genesis now.   Love it and it comes with a warranty. It has faded a little but still does its job well

https://www.amazon.com/Classic-Accessories-Ravenna-Grill-Performer/dp/B010MTYWAM

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

Firemunkee

• WKC Ranger
Re: Performer covers older vs newer
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2018, 07:55:16 PM »
New cover, zav handles, looks like you're doing your new performer right!

I have the older Weber performer cover and the new one as well. The old one is super brittle and dry. The new one I've only had for a few months but it is very flexible, and from what I've heard should last. I also have a Classic Accessories cover (tan one not their black one) and it feels super sturdy. I've only my had that a few months as well but it seems to have good reviews.

There's also a recent thread on here that answers the same question you asked.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Together we'll fight the long defeat.