Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: G.A.S.  (Read 2423 times)

Winz

• WKC Ranger
G.A.S.
« on: May 16, 2013, 05:58:13 PM »
I think I have Grill Acquisition Syndrome (GAS).  In addition to the 3 below, I am on my way tomorrow to pick up a Jumbo Joe, and I am constantly scanning CL for a used 26".   

Following this forum is not helping me with this "problem"......

In an ongoing relationship with a kettle named Bisbee.

Jeff

• WKC Performer
Re: G.A.S.
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2013, 07:30:08 PM »
It will only get worse Winz!!
Kettle collector AND cooker!

Golly

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2013, 08:01:10 PM »
soon there will be no room on that deck
then you will build a gadial ganing
ha ha ha
webertitis has claimed another victim
GET ON THAT SHIT
WONT TAKE NO FOR AN ANSWER

Ted B

• WKC Ranger
G.A.S.
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2013, 08:09:41 PM »
Depends on what kind of help you came looking for I guess. Validation? Check. Increased desire for more webers? Check. Stopping your heart from skipping a beat and fluttering when u see a weber deal on CL?  Nah not here 😃.

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2013, 08:10:34 PM »
Very nice. I"m jealous of the cover on the SS performer.
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

mike.stavlund

• WKC Performer
    • MikeStavlund.com
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2013, 08:24:12 PM »
I have a small case of GAS as well.  I told my wife that my latest acquisition was a gift for her upcoming birthday.  "Oh, good, then I can sell it," she said.  She's got a great sense of humor. 
One of the charcoal people.

reillyranch

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2013, 09:21:47 PM »
Ummmmmm....that's not funny. (my wife is always threading to sell my grills when I am out of town)

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2013, 10:06:05 PM »
Ummmmmm....that's not funny. (my wife is always threading to sell my grills when I am out of town)

^^^ That and being locked outside in the morning, so I have to go be with them/ work on them/ stay outside with them.............

Winz ..............
   There's a nifty little mental trick anyone can do called foreground / background........just 1st concentrate on your grills there, the nice covers, the angles they're sitting at & then gently shift your attention to that nice, pleasant deck, looks inviting......& then gently shift your attention to the wonderful trees, the great view, the smell of the forest right outside your house.....ahhhhhhh.....really nice & relaxing........ as you end at that point, notice, that at least for the moment, you forgot all about having ( GAS ) Grill Acquisition Syndrome.......but now we've brought it back up, you may want to go back thru that little sequence again....... :D

"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

reillyranch

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2013, 10:58:59 PM »
1buckie, I have asked this before...are there stages to Weberitis. 

What you've described might have happened already at the reillyranch.  Being locked out and being OK with it, because you just got your latest fix.

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2013, 04:53:53 AM »
1buckie, I have asked this before...are there stages to Weberitis. 

What you've described might have happened already at the reillyranch.  Being locked out and being OK with it, because you just got your latest fix.

Yes, I'm coming at this from this angle:......the psyciatry of Weberitis.....the hypnotic appeal of a rare, old find............. the obsessive / compulsive disorder of "The HunT'..................the excessive neatness of the rehabs................the microscopic wrangling of evey detail.......................the grandiosity of the final displays of the captures..............well...........you get the basic idea........ ::)

These things don't just naturally occur in the personality, or pop up out of nowhere, they must develop in chunks or layers, over time....................

PS: I've not been locked out of the house.........yet.....
« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 04:57:37 AM by 1buckie »
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"