Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: newer mastertouch height  (Read 1232 times)

johnny 2 shack

• WKC Ranger
newer mastertouch height
« on: March 10, 2018, 09:04:01 AM »
has anybody lowered the height on the newer mastertouch ? i find it a little to high , if so how much can it be lowered before it starts affecting the triangle . would like to get it to the height to my ssp . maybe it would tighten up the wobbly legs too . tks in advance .

indy82z

• WKC Ranger
Re: newer mastertouch height
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2018, 12:03:11 PM »
Just use the legs and triangle from a non mastertouch.

hawgheaven

• WKC Performer
    • Hawg Heaven Smokin' BBQ
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2018, 12:12:15 PM »
Step stool... 8)
Multiple kettles and WSM's. I am not a collector, just a gatherer... and a sick bastard.

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2018, 01:57:55 PM »
Just use the legs and triangle from a non mastertouch.

That is fine with 6" wheels. If you want to use 8" MT wheels.... back 2 legs needs to be shortened by 1" to compensate for height diff.from using bigger wheels, and the front leg triangle hole drilled 1" higher to make the triangle level.

johnny 2 shack

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2018, 07:51:21 AM »
great advice guys , but i was wondering if i could just trim a little off the legs . it's no big deal though i can get used to the new height but all i ever cooked on are the old shorter ones . just feels a little different . plus i thought if they were shorter it would tighten up the wobbly legs a bit .

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2018, 07:53:17 AM »
great advice guys , but i was wondering if i could just trim a little off the legs . it's no big deal though i can get used to the new height but all i ever cooked on are the old shorter ones . just feels a little different . plus i thought if they were shorter it would tighten up the wobbly legs a bit .
Id say just give it some time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2018, 08:32:36 AM »
I think a few have used aluminum foil tape on the legs to provide more friction to reduce The wobbly legs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

RRRanger99

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2018, 08:41:10 AM »
I would keep the stock legs, triangle, 8" wheels (for resale value, if you ever decide to sell). Find a used or donor 22.5" OKC (Original Kettle Charcoal) grill with the standard leg height, triangle, and 6" wheels, change them

out. This would lower the height about 3 1/2". The newer OKC legs already has the hole for the snap in retainer clip. Then sell the lid and bowl (on craigslist, facebook marketplace, offerup, letgo, or even here on the

WKC "Member Sales & Trades," etc.), or just keep it to sell later. You can also inquire if any other WKC members here has an extra set of OKC legs, triangle, 6" wheels up for grabs on "Member Sales & Trades." 

Jon Tofte

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2018, 08:45:20 AM »
 I would be interested in the leg set. I would prefer a higher grill than my standard size. Maybe we could even trade!

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club
Custom Platinum One Touc, Red Patent Pending "Aristocrat" 26, Red 22 MBH, Black '00 Flat-top 26, Black 22 MBH, and '74 Black "49'er" 18. And too many projects!

JDD

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2018, 09:28:39 AM »
Will older 22 kettle legs and triangle fit the new Mater Touch? I know the newer have the push tab so just wondering?
May The Smoke Be With You!

johnny 2 shack

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2018, 09:37:37 AM »
yes the older ones fit , i'v tried it , but then it seems too short lol