Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Red head surprise.. this gal is rough!  (Read 1074 times)

varekai

• WKC Ranger
Red head surprise.. this gal is rough!
« on: March 08, 2018, 07:16:33 PM »
I saw this posted and decided to "pass".  Then @kettlebb posted that he was searching for a red kettle... he responded that this wasn't the one. I was going pass again, I really didn't need another. Before I could tell the seller, @JayCee said he would be interested. I picked it up and this poor girl is rough. I will either part it out or save it for a project, either mine or one of you guys if you need it... Jaycee, I'm sure I'll be able to find another in better condition before you get here to the states. So here she is.....

https://flic.kr/s/aHskxqZPHG
CGA,GGA, jumbo joe, 3-18" kettles,22" blue,green,yellow and 2 reds, 1-22" lid mod for pizza, a genesis silver,2 Red SS Performers,2 26ers,1 red, 1 chief and a Ranch Kettle.

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Red head surprise.. this gal is rough!
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2018, 07:22:06 PM »
All things considered it’s not TOO bad brother. It’ll still stand and make wings or pizza. My Red Patent Pending is only slightly better condition but she still feeds the family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

varekai

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2018, 07:30:12 PM »
All things considered it’s not TOO bad brother. It’ll still stand and make wings or pizza. My Red Patent Pending is only slightly better condition but she still feeds the family.

TRUE, its not THAT bad.. it may be the kettle that I "practice" some welding or other repair options...
CGA,GGA, jumbo joe, 3-18" kettles,22" blue,green,yellow and 2 reds, 1-22" lid mod for pizza, a genesis silver,2 Red SS Performers,2 26ers,1 red, 1 chief and a Ranch Kettle.

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2018, 07:55:01 PM »
That’s a great idea. I’ve seen the leg socket repair videos but I haven’t tried it yet. If I had a real rough beater it would be good practice.

Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

JayCee

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2018, 01:28:48 AM »
Yeah shes had a hard life mate. Still pretty cool though. Thanks again for keeping an eye out for me. Much appreciated.

jaynik

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2018, 02:11:26 AM »
That's not real bad.  The porcelain damage is noticeable, but not so pervasive that the kettle looks hideous.  It's a good cooker!

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2018, 11:13:44 AM »
Think of it like an old hooker. Not pretty, but can still perform. Put a bit of makeup on and dim the lights!!!! The end result will be very nice!!!!

CatskillSmoker

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2018, 11:20:07 AM »
Darin, If you part it out I know someone here needs bottom vents for a restore.

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2018, 11:40:24 AM »
thats nuthin'! git on it!
I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!