Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Updated GA's (now with taco)  (Read 3606 times)

Neil_VT00

• WKC Ranger
Re: Updated GA's (now with taco)
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2018, 07:59:12 AM »
What bothers me about the taco, is not the taco itself, but the shape of the handle strap. If the strap was the same as the welded strap with the taco, I'd be happy.

I'm with you @Darko.  The strap makes it look cheap to me.  The older 26's with the weld on handles and taco looked much better.
Wanted: Burgundy 18"

hawgheaven

• WKC Performer
    • Hawg Heaven Smokin' BBQ
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2018, 09:10:49 AM »
What bothers me about the taco, is not the taco itself, but the shape of the handle strap. If the strap was the same as the welded strap with the taco, I'd be happy.

I am not stuck on the new handle strap either... needs to be a bit beefier for sure, and I agree, the welded strap has much more strength and appeal.
Multiple kettles and WSM's. I am not a collector, just a gatherer... and a sick bastard.

Jan M.

• WKC Brave
    • Mogschrauber
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2018, 09:26:30 AM »
I just miss the option to move it when it’s hot.
The taco itself looks ok to me but I also agree with the strange shape of the handle.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
Best regards,
Jan

Rub

• WKC Ranger
    • Swamp Boys BBQ
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2018, 09:42:42 AM »
Generally speaking I don’t like the look of the taco, it takes away from the aesthetics of the kettle. But when I recently painted my JJ taco and handle straps to match the kettle color, I became a fan.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

[attachment deleted by admin]
In the market for unicorns to complete my collection: Ambassador, Plainsman, Meat Cut, Custom, Blue 18 MBH, Green 18 MBH

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2018, 09:47:50 AM »
Yeah Rub that is a sharp looking JJ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2018, 10:27:46 AM »
I think at one point @greenweb  bent his taco to look more like the original strap. It looked pretty good if I recall correctly.

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2018, 06:16:38 PM »
I think at one point @greenweb  bent his taco to look more like the original strap. It looked pretty good if I recall correctly.

Thanks ! 

Double screw Zav wood handle without the taco shell.

Currently, with the shell on.

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2018, 09:14:40 AM »
That's the pic. See, I think that looks better than the new taco handle shape.

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2018, 10:31:08 AM »
I agree Darko. For me it’s more the handle shape than the taco.

Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

hawgheaven

• WKC Performer
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2018, 10:50:51 AM »
That's the pic. See, I think that looks better than the new taco handle shape.

Yup, that handle gots it. The taco idea rocks along with that handle reshape.  8)
Multiple kettles and WSM's. I am not a collector, just a gatherer... and a sick bastard.

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2018, 05:45:50 PM »
Taco handle, no taco handle.  I don’t care.  I love my GA!  Used it 5 times this week since it was just me.   Haven’t fired up an SJ except to use my Mini WSM mod since I got my GA!

62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

SmokenJoe

• WKC Performer
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2018, 09:28:35 PM »
In my view, if Weber wanted to make the handle "cooler", all it had to do was return to a wooden handle.  No need to invent a "TACO" shield for a heat-seeking plastic-like handle.   Taco Bell makes tacos, Weber makes kettles.  The current design is hideous  ...

SJ
"Too Beef, or Not too Beef" ...

Looking for Dark Blue MBH 22", Dark Green MBH 22", Yellow MBH 22", Glen Blue MBH 22", Avocado MBH 22".

hawgheaven

• WKC Performer
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2018, 04:32:41 AM »
In my view, if Weber wanted to make the handle "cooler", all it had to do was return to a wooden handle.  No need to invent a "TACO" shield for a heat-seeking plastic-like handle.   Taco Bell makes tacos, Weber makes kettles.  The current design is hideous  ...

SJ

Not hideous in my eyes, butt the strap needs work.

Or maybe gloves. The old fashioned way.

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2018, 06:27:14 AM »
I need one of these new or old. I would prefer old if I had to choose. These absolutely never pop up used in my area and I don’t need one bad enough to justify new. The only thing that pops up are the gas ga’s which I do have. Great grill but I want it’s charcoal cousin.

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2018, 06:46:02 AM »
Truth be told, I still haven’t cooked on one of my SJ Golds yet but will be soon. The only advantage I can see on the GA is more room for an indirect side. Is this true?  If so does indirect really matter for a SJ or GA?  I do see these in my area but always pass them by.

Hoosier if you are looking I’ll keep an eye out.