Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Updated GA's (now with taco)  (Read 3598 times)

Neil_VT00

• WKC Ranger
Updated GA's (now with taco)
« on: January 16, 2018, 08:10:17 AM »
@Jan M. and I were discussing GA changes/history and he pointed out to me that he has a newer GA without side handles.  Turns out that Weber has updated the German GA's with a taco handle, no side handles, and a new regulator.  Looks like it was released in 2014.

Model Numbers: 1131004 and 1141079

http://www.weber.com/DE/de/grills/tragbare-grills/go-anywhere-serie/1131004.html?cgid=224#start=1
http://www.weber.com/DE/de/1141079.html

So for those of you looking to add a new GA to your collection, act fast. My guess is that these changes are coming to the U.S. too.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2018, 08:16:23 AM by Neil_VT00 »
Wanted: Burgundy 18"

GoAnywhereJeep

• WKC Brave
    • My YouTube channel
Re: Updated GA's (now with taco)
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2018, 08:19:47 AM »
That looks slick. I'd love to loose the handles on mine because it will fit more compactly with the other gear. Thing is that I pack the CGA full of charcoal, a chimney and it has cast grates so that wold be a lot of weight on the taco handle. 
YouTube channels: GringoBBQ & RubiconFI

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2018, 08:21:42 AM »
That looks slick. I'd love to loose the handles on mine because it will fit more compactly with the other gear. Thing is that I pack the CGA full of charcoal, a chimney and it has cast grates so that wold be a lot of weight on the taco handle.
But when you wanna move a warm one you lose your finger prints lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Neil_VT00

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2018, 08:25:49 AM »
Good point @GoAnywhereJeep. You could even put the taco on with wing nuts to make it more compact.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2018, 08:36:34 AM by Neil_VT00 »
Wanted: Burgundy 18"

GoAnywhereJeep

• WKC Brave
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2018, 08:55:05 AM »
Good point @GoAnywhereJeep. You could even put the taco on with wing nuts to make it more compact.

That would even be more compact and sounds like it would fit nicely into some sort of a soft case or compact carrying bag.

DellJones

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2018, 10:42:04 AM »
Interesting

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

hawgheaven

• WKC Performer
    • Hawg Heaven Smokin' BBQ
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2018, 11:21:49 AM »
Nice thing about the "taco"... they are trying to protect us from burns, and protect them from a law suit I suppose. Personally, I like the concept. Seems the whole thing could be a bit beefier, butt they're headed in the right direction. It does work. I am working on a "drop in" version of the taco for my older stuff. Grate idea Weber came up with. Do not poo-poo the taco idea.
Multiple kettles and WSM's. I am not a collector, just a gatherer... and a sick bastard.

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2018, 11:34:34 AM »
I’ll poo-poo the taco on the 22 and 26 because it’s ugly but on the 18 and SJ I think it looks acceptable. I have not yet cooked on a taco grill so I can’t comment on how helpful they are personally but I’ve read your comments and I’m eager to cook on one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2018, 11:35:57 AM »
If I were to have a dedicated pizza cooker it would probably be a taco grill

Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

hawgheaven

• WKC Performer
    • Hawg Heaven Smokin' BBQ
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2018, 01:58:46 PM »
I’ll poo-poo the taco on the 22 and 26 because it’s ugly but on the 18 and SJ I think it looks acceptable. I have not yet cooked on a taco grill so I can’t comment on how helpful they are personally but I’ve read your comments and I’m eager to cook on one.

Don't judge a book by its cover. It works very well. My 22's all have the taco, and they work well. My 18's and SJ's, nope, not yet. Don't have them. Gonna tho, once I get this "drop in"worked out. I love picking up a lid and the handle heat is still negotiable.  8)
Multiple kettles and WSM's. I am not a collector, just a gatherer... and a sick bastard.

wessonjb

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2018, 03:18:34 PM »
The taco might look ugly but as hawgheaven says , it definitely works and can feel a big difference in heat while lifting the lid.

GoAnywhereJeep

• WKC Brave
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2018, 03:44:11 PM »
Que no hablan mal de los tacos!

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2018, 04:06:17 PM »

I do have few taco 22" kettles and choose to alter few handles for fun not because I am taco hater, but I think they perform and look alright. For me, my only 18" taco looks funny as the proportion seems all wrong. Even worse on SJ/SJG tacos.

Let's just say that if you had 20" or 19" wheels on Large Suv or cars  vs same wheels on a compact or sub compact cars..... let me know which one will look funnier.

As for 26", due to the heavier lid, I would think non taco will be better. I am sure taco 26" are just fine,but I do prefer my non taco for 26".

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2018, 07:00:50 AM »
First thing this made me think of....

HOLY GRAILS: 1950s era Black or Custom finish 18.5 or 22.5 Kettle, Brown Go Anywhere grill.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2018, 07:37:20 AM »
What bothers me about the taco, is not the taco itself, but the shape of the handle strap. If the strap was the same as the welded strap with the taco, I'd be happy.