Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: My first 18, hopefully  (Read 2513 times)

Grillagin

• WKC Ranger
My first 18, hopefully
« on: January 12, 2018, 05:03:12 PM »
Hey all.  I found this older 18 on CL, and have been playing text tag with the seller about getting it shipped to me.  I'd like it to be another color, but whatever. I have been looking for an 18" cooker for a while, and this one should clean up fine.  Some Zav handles will be next, should this deal go through.

https://fortcollins.craigslist.org/hsh/d/weber-original-kettle/6450145500.html

Normal_J_Bird

• WKC Brave
Re: My first 18, hopefully
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2018, 05:08:06 PM »
Good luck! As a CSU alum I will say that is an epic CL write up!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

mhiszem

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2018, 05:11:41 PM »
Good luck!

WGA, Uline Green SJ, '95 Red M/T, '88 Red 18", '01 Plum SSP, Patent Pending Yellow

Grillagin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2018, 05:20:55 PM »
Good luck! As a CSU alum I will say that is an epic CL write up!

I assured him it would be going to a loving home.

johnny 2 shack

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2018, 05:28:54 PM »
awesome score ! one of the best ads ever .

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2018, 10:21:06 PM »
That’s a gorgeous blue 18”. Good luck man. They don’t pop up every day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jon

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2018, 10:50:54 PM »
Pretty sure that is black, but nab it anyway. Nine bucks? I've spent that much on coffee in a day.

18's are great cookers, hope you get it.

hawgheaven

• WKC Performer
    • Hawg Heaven Smokin' BBQ
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2018, 03:08:20 AM »
What a deal, and I love the write up! Good luck!!
Multiple kettles and WSM's. I am not a collector, just a gatherer... and a sick bastard.

Hell Fire Grill

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2018, 03:52:40 AM »
Shes got a really cool Speckled/Weathered/Salt & Pepper look to her.

When you pick her up please add her to the Rescue Mission thread.

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/weber-kettles-accessories/rescue-mission-'18'/msg350670/#msg350670

You can't always get what you want....but if you try sometimes you get what you need

Jed.cook

• WKC Brave
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2018, 10:01:30 AM »
Ha! I emailed that guy earlier in the week just to tell him that, although my wife would kill me if I bought another kettle, I LOVED his CL add. @Normal_J_Bird It’s good to know there’s another CSU alum here. Fight on, you stalwart Ram! @Grillagin If you need any help securing or shipping it just let me know. I live about 20 min. away from Loveland.

-Jed
26.75", 22.5” Weber Kettle/UDS/Firepit, 22.5” custom traveler, Jumbo Joe, Go-Anywhere Charcoal, Q3200
-Jed

Grillagin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2018, 11:36:01 AM »
Ha! I emailed that guy earlier in the week just to tell him that, although my wife would kill me if I bought another kettle, I LOVED his CL add. @Normal_J_Bird It’s good to know there’s another CSU alum here. Fight on, you stalwart Ram! @Grillagin If you need any help securing or shipping it just let me know. I live about 20 min. away from Loveland.

-Jed
26.75", 22.5” Weber Kettle/UDS/Firepit, 22.5” custom traveler, Jumbo Joe, Go-Anywhere Charcoal, Q3200

Thanks, Jed.  I wish everyone was as easy to deal with as you.  He has my offer, but I'm still waiting to hear back.  I hope it works out.  I've been wanting a pre-OT 18.  I'll give you a shout if he or I need a hand.

Grillagin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2018, 11:13:04 PM »
The deal has stalled a bit.  Shipping may be a stumbling block with the seller.  PM sent to Jed for some local assistance.  Much thanks, Jed, if it works out!

Grillagin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2018, 06:31:37 PM »
Success!  @Jed.cook was finally able to snag her for me.  The seller was a strange one to deal with, for both of us. Can you post the pics you sent me Jed?  I do love the weathered finish.  @MikeRocksTheRed is helping out with shipping.  Thanks guys!  Next will be a deep clean and new Zav handles.

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2018, 06:51:58 AM »
Success!  @Jed.cook was finally able to snag her for me.  The seller was a strange one to deal with, for both of us. Can you post the pics you sent me Jed?  I do love the weathered finish.  @MikeRocksTheRed is helping out with shipping.  Thanks guys!  Next will be a deep clean and new Zav handles.

I'm doing what???  LOL.  Sorry, I just get so many messages between here and my facebook group that I lose track sometimes.  Can you PM me @Grillagin and remind me what I'm doing for you!  LOL.
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

Jed.cook

• WKC Brave
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2018, 07:00:09 AM »

I'm doing what???  LOL.  Sorry, I just get so many messages between here and my facebook group that I lose track sometimes.  Can you PM me @Grillagin and remind me what I'm doing for you!  LOL.

Ha! My fault, @MikeRocksTheRed.  I mentioned to @Grillagin that you might have an extra box lying around that I could use to ship his new 18.  I was also going to hit you up for some tips on packing kettles for shipping.  That's what he's refering to. :)
-Jed