Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Serious Claws!  (Read 981 times)

56MPG

• WKC Ranger
Serious Claws!
« on: January 05, 2018, 02:51:32 PM »
No, not my cat...THESE!

Found them at a local Marshall's for 8 bucks. Glass filled nylon.

They also had this for 6 bucks:

[/url]
« Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 02:57:02 PM by 56MPG »
Retired

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
Re: Serious Claws!
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2018, 06:22:04 PM »
OXO tends to do a good job with things, although I have never tried their BBQ stuff.

The handles on the OXO claws seem like they would be useful to keep your hands further from the meat & the heat, keeping your hands cleaner & cooler.

For the price, I'd try that injector.  The design looks good and I don't think you'd find anything better for the price. 

Let us know how it works out. 
regards,
Hal

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2018, 12:24:46 PM »
@56MPG I noticed one of the needles for the injector says it is for "thin" liquids.  The other one I cannot read because of light glare.  Basically, I was wondering if the openings on that second one were a fairly good size as I've often had trouble with them plugging up when I've done a jerk turkey on the smoker. 

I have a new metal one that I have tried yet (stumbled across one NIP at a thrift store) that should be much better than the cheaper ones I was using before.  It only has one needle & I wondered if one of the needles on the OXO one have fairly decent size openings. 

Someone else I know who also does jerk turkey suggested boiling what I'm injecting to further break down some of the seasonings & green onions in the jerk sauce that clog the needle.  But, it would be nice to not have to bother doing that. 

I might also look & see if some of the needles I have laying around from other ones might fit my new injector & then see if I can possibly drill the existing holes a bit bigger without messing things up.
regards,
Hal

56MPG

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2018, 12:37:01 PM »
It says: for thick marinades and sauces. Pretty large diameter.
Retired

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2018, 12:50:09 PM »
Thanks @56MPG

Let us know how the claws work out.  I have a pair of "Original Bear Claws" that I haven't used yet, but the OXO handles keeping your hands away from hot meat seem like a better idea and I don't think they be more difficult to use or anything. 
regards,
Hal