Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Finally, the perving came through...  (Read 4793 times)

glrasmussen

• WKC Performer
Finally, the perving came through...
« on: May 12, 2013, 07:23:01 AM »
Well, as I have replied many times on the awesome Brownie finds and many as of late. I finally scored the 22" Brownie I have been perving. Thanks to all that sent me PM's and offered to ship one. If you remember I had seen this last fall and was "Denied". Well yesterday after driving by this thing twice a day for two months, I got the Gnads to do another door knock. I as arrive the is a lady in front of the house moving a load of rock she received. I said I was there last fall and was wondering if the grill might be for sale now. She said, "If it was up to me I would give it to you, but it is not mine." It was here sisters fiance that is living with them. I gave her a card with my number and asked if he ever considered getting rid of it, have him give me a call. Text received at 2:45pm, he will sell. It was in my driveway by 3:15pm. Not like the perfect "A" posted, but it does complete my trifecta of Brownies. Here it is, will be in line to get cleaned shortly.

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Finally, the perving came through...
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2013, 07:50:05 AM »

So, what you're saying here is it's really OK to be pervin' around town?

I guess it must be.......seems to pay off nicely !!!!

Nice.........metal handles.....yeah !!!!!!

Handle chips....happens.....little dust & birdshit.....no big deal.....great score........... ;D
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2013, 09:04:55 AM »
Will clean up real nice... handle needs some work ;)

Vintage Weber Grill raconteur and bon vivant.....and definitely Sir Agent X

glrasmussen

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2013, 10:06:06 AM »

It should clean up nice, has the large band. I am worried if I straighten the handle of the weld will break...
All and all it has been a good week, the 22 Brownie and the Wood Dale Black. Unfortunately both are missing the original ash catcher... :(

Idahawk

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2013, 10:44:52 AM »
Nice work on getting that saved !

Wanted plum/burgundy 18.5
WTB Color Copies of old Weber Catalogs

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2013, 12:29:28 PM »

It should clean up nice, has the large band. I am worried if I straighten the handle of the weld will break...
All and all it has been a good week, the 22 Brownie and the Wood Dale Black. Unfortunately both are missing the original ash catcher... :(

The handle won't break,  I have had some pretty bad oners and they always straighten out...As for the ash pans, I'm sure someone around here has some, if not, find an old roached out cheap black one on CL and get it.  If you can get one for $20 then strip off the parts.  I look at it like, I would buy an ash pan on ebay for $20 so really what's the difference. 

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2013, 12:30:16 PM »
I like the baseballs too....

tb80

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2013, 01:12:18 PM »
Great find. I have never seen a brownie before.
Looking for Blue Mastertouch or Blue Performer. 

Currently have: Performer (Green); 22.5 Mastertouch (Red); 26.75 OTG;  22.5 WSM; 18.5 WSM; Jumbo Joe; SJS (Green Uline); SJG (used for Mini WSM); Blue SS Performer; Blue MBH; Summit

glrasmussen

• WKC Performer
** Update **Finally, the perving came through...
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2013, 06:47:10 PM »
Well before the pick up. I was actually working on on old Black 18". Did something to my back yesterday scrubbing the deck... Got home with the Warrior and couldn't move. Went to Church, took the Bride out for dinner, and then was down. Got up this morning, with pain...I was on a mission. Stained the deck in pain. Finished the 18" Blackie. Turned out fine. Thanks for the tip on vegetable oil WKC. This faded black looked white without it... I couldn't take it and needed to finish the the 22" Brownie. Needs more to the inside but here our some pic's of the Trifecta. Couple others made it in the pic. More cleaning and there will be a full stable shot.

The 18" Blackie with the Lime, need to work on a leg kit for the Lemon...
If anyone has the secret to get keep the Blackie, "Black", with out vegetable oil, please share.

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2013, 06:51:01 PM »
Fan fucking tastic....now you just need a 22 black, a 26 black, a 22 red and a 26 red. 

glrasmussen

• WKC Performer
Re: Re: Finally, the perving came through...
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2013, 07:08:50 PM »
Fan fucking tastic....now you just need a 22 black, a 26 black, a 22 red and a 26 red.

Brian, no where's close to yours or Mike 's, but I'm trying. I have four 22's. One in the picture,  S/S. I have three in the stable that need to be cleaned,  not shown, and some others...

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2013, 08:14:48 PM »
Nice score!  On the black, didn't someone use Armor all?
Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......

Ted B

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2013, 08:38:00 PM »
It's awesome to see the trifecta.  Very jealous over here.  I can only echo what Brian said fanf-ingtastic.  Love it!!!  That's why I love this site always something to shoot for. Whether u have one grill or 30 some one wants it.

G$

• WKC Performer
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2013, 07:11:58 AM »
Very, very nice.

G

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2013, 04:21:19 AM »
Thats a sweet trifecta gl....I can help out with a twist style ash pan if you need one.