Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Help me identify this!  (Read 906 times)

dylandrewlukesdad

• Happy Cooker
Help me identify this!
« on: March 12, 2018, 11:57:45 AM »
Hiya!
I just picked this up this weekend. It is a Platinum and the table cracked while moving it. The lid has a DA date code (2001) but when I was looking up parts for it, it looks like it is a 2005 and newer. Maybe the lid was changed?
Can anyone help me identify what this is?

Thanks in advance!

Mike

Cellar2ful

Re: Help me identify this!
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2018, 01:57:18 PM »
It is a One Touch Platinum.  Those resin tables are notorious for cracking, right at the first bolt holes.  The tables dry out over time due to exposure to UV rays.   If the crack is only at the side or sides and not into the table itself to far, it can be repaired.  Unbolt the table and remove it from the frame.  Invert it and the crack can be repaired with Gorilla glue.  Once the crack is glued, reinforce the table by gluing a couple of steel or wood strips to the inside lips or bottom of the table lip. Just make sure the strips are thin enough to clear the frame. The strips should extend past the first bolt hole about 4" to 5" each side.  Last time a checked, Weber still had some of these resin tables still in stock that fit the One Touch Platinum.  They don't fit Performers as the bolt holes  have different spacing.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 01:59:30 PM by Cellar2ful »
"Chasing Classic Kettles"

dylandrewlukesdad

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2018, 04:29:30 PM »
Thanks! What years did they produce them?

Cellar2ful

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2018, 08:00:23 PM »
Thanks! What years did they produce them?

I don't know the spread of years they were produced but I have a DH Code (2004) sage green.   With your DA Code (2001) they were at least produced from 2001-2004.

"Chasing Classic Kettles"