Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: HomeDepot Price Match  (Read 1515 times)

Shoestringshop

• WKC Performer
HomeDepot Price Match
« on: December 26, 2017, 02:34:48 PM »
Hello,
So folks I was up early this morning trying to get over my 17 year boy not being with us for Christmas. He went with a friend and his friend’s family to Vietnam for 3 weeks. Just not the same “Christmas” without the boy.
So what’s a Grillfella to do with a few extra hours? I went on the web and looked at Craigslist, OfferUp, and Letgo to look for a few grills, but I always need charcoal.
I went to HomeDepots website and Lowes site to look for Weber Charcoal. Lowes $11.99, HomeDepot $19.99. Nice thing is HomeDepot has a “Price match Policy”. They will match a competitor’s price AND do a 10% price reduction on top of what they are all ready doing.
Now what they say on the web and what the store said very.
1.      I walk in and get the charcoal
2.      Load the charcoal
3.      Go to pay and “Guess What?” NO we do not match web price
4.      I point out that I can walk into the Lowes and buy at that price! I am told THEN GO!? WTF!
5.      I try again and this time I get well Lowes is 20Lbs and ours is…is …is…oh ours is also 20lbs
6.      So “Do it I am buying 8 bags”
7.      They ring them up and then I ask about the 10%
8.       She said “You want me to beat the price?” Hell yes it’s your “Price match Policy”
9.      Then she said I will need to re-ring this full order my answer “I got all day”
10.  All said and done “I Got IT!”

Also got a call from the Kid on Christmas day! So all is good he is eating everything in sight and will probably come home with more belly then when he left. LOL

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
Wife said "No more GRILLS in this house!" So I bought a 2nd house!

mhiszem

• WKC Performer
Re: HomeDepot Price Match
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2017, 03:11:15 PM »
Nice score and sorry that your son wasn’t there for Christmas.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
WGA, Uline Green SJ, '95 Red M/T, '88 Red 18", '01 Plum SSP, Patent Pending Yellow

toolhead

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2017, 03:13:29 PM »
both places are really reluctant to honor their price match policies.  good for you that you got it....

these days i just goto lowes if their price is lower and get the 5% lowes cc discount...the orange place is getting really tight on any discounting
Grills

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2017, 03:26:08 PM »
Hope your son is enjoying himself in Vietnam

Shoestringshop

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2017, 04:04:40 PM »
Thanks guys!
@mhiszem yes it was, sad but he is having fun.

@toolhead very reluctant to honor! I’m no cheap bastard but policies are policies.

@Darko lol he is the first in the family to PAY for a trip to the Nam. Wife’s side and my side Dad and Uncle’s went for free in the 60’s under the government program. It’s changed a lot since then. He is in the same place his grandpa was in “Ho Chi Minh City”

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2017, 05:18:45 PM »
I did not mean to insinuate anything. I hope it did not come across that way. I my self would love to go to 'nam today. It looks like a wonderful country with nice people. The food looks good as well. I watched an episode of Anthony Bourdain's No reservations.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2017, 05:21:19 PM by Darko »

Shoestringshop

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2017, 05:36:54 PM »
@Darko no offence taken at all brother. Just a joke. I hope he has the time of his life. I would love to try some bbq from Nam

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2017, 12:27:09 AM »
That's some good stuff right there.   My buddy bought me a 15 lb full packer brisket for Christmas that I'm planning to cook today.  Temps are currently 12 degrees.  Thinking the Weber charcoal would be last a lot longer than the KBB that I'll be using.
Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2017, 09:36:38 AM »
I always found when I went to either Home Depot or Lowes, you had to point out that their policy said that they would give an additional 10% off.  I'm guessing the store managers told employees to only give it to the customer if the customer specifically asked for it. 

Unfortunately, Lowes got rid of the "additional 10%" off on their price match some time ago.  It seems sometime around summer, but they still had it on one page in their appliance section that I pointed to when my mom needed a new washer.  They very reluctantly gave the extra 10% off after I didn't blink when they said the policy was canceled some time ago & instead told them I saw it online about their appliances that day.  I had to show them where it was on their website, & they had to call a manager about it. 
regards,
Hal