Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Is Weber ever going to release an 18 in a color again?  (Read 1028 times)

Josh G

• WKC Ranger
Is Weber ever going to release an 18 in a color again?
« on: December 22, 2017, 10:37:49 AM »

In North America... 

What do you think?

brewtownbeatdown

• WKC Performer
Re: Is Weber ever going to release an 18 in a color again?
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2017, 10:43:38 AM »
Doubt that N. America will ever see colored 18’s.  My guess is that the Euro countries will be the only ones that damned lucky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Obviously looking for a Glen Blue (who isn’t?😂).

Looking for anything Happy Cooker, including any re-branded as Montgomery Ward.  I’ve amassed a nice collection, but I’m missing a few still.  Let me know if you can help a fella out🤞

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2017, 01:23:09 PM »
Doubt that N. America will ever see colored 18’s.  My guess is that the Euro countries will be the only ones that damned lucky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know how any marketing director looks at what they did with the Red LE, how poorly they were marketed in stores, how they mishandled the production, how they were probably listening to us enthusiasts in the first place as far as asking for more exciting colored kettles and they're already being discounted in stores who always tell us that they rarely discount Weber grills for fear of pissing off Weber.

It's been a debacle as far as I can see so it would shock me to see them go out of their way to release a colored 18, unless it was already in the pipeline before this LE fiasco.

if I didn't order mine fromthe mom and pop Alliance dealer in my town there is no way I'd take delivery of it, but I ordered it and will take mine and pay the full frieght. 

They got me.

I won't mention the company California based name who pre- released the press release that started this whole thing off but I think they're pretty shady the way they handled it.
Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

bigssa

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2017, 01:44:13 PM »
I hope they do and I hope that the excitement around the LE kettle shows Weber that there is a market for it. But as noted above, they royally fucked it up which may make them shy away from such a release now unless they can get the production to be of a consistent high quality.

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2017, 04:08:57 AM »

In North America... 

What do you think?

Nope! Doubt we will ever see colored in both 22 or 18. If they ever do, it will be on 22 not on 18 is my guess.