Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: PICS ADDED: 3 hours of traffic jams, strip joints, hookers and a crackhead  (Read 3453 times)

Rub

• WKC Ranger
    • Swamp Boys BBQ
But it was worth it.

Rub: 3 Webers
Riffraff: 0

Time to get the fvc% home.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 06:28:36 PM by Rub »
In the market for unicorns to complete my collection: Ambassador, Plainsman, Meat Cut, Custom, Blue 18 MBH, Green 18 MBH

jdorn

• WKC Ranger
Re: 3 hours of traffic jams, strip joints, hookers and a crackhead
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2017, 04:36:46 PM »
Drive safe! Can't wait to see what ya got besides that beautiful red!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

mhiszem

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2017, 04:41:16 PM »
Looks like it was well worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
WGA, Uline Green SJ, '95 Red M/T, '88 Red 18", '01 Plum SSP, Patent Pending Yellow

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2017, 04:55:43 PM »
Awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

Cellar2ful

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2017, 04:57:40 PM »

Interesting that the strip joints, hookers and crackhead were all selling their Webers.
"Chasing Classic Kettles"

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2017, 06:27:31 PM »
Dunno about the Tampa area. But I can attest that the (southern) FL strip clubs can be hit-or-miss. Some serve booze, some do not. Some feature full nudity, some are pasties. PASTIES. You know, with tassels. Srsly?? Is it 1950 again?

And some are fully nude but walled off behind glass AND don't serve booze and so the bouncer helpfully recommends you first load up on beer out in the parking lot before coming in to pay a cover charge. << True story.

I will only say that there was a Russian in a Sarasota club ready to Change My Life, to where the other 4 guys in our crew were looking at me, with continual "how-why-what??"

In other circumstances I would have willingly obliged to collude to the fullest extent of any international relations, or to the limit of my credit card, whichever occurred first. So to speak.

As to the crack whores, it's best to get a ground-level room (to avoid the stairways) and always back the truck into the parking spot right outside the door so that you can monitor the tailgate/camper top from the room. And bring the most valuable items inside the room.

Sorry, what was this thread about again?
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

Rub

• WKC Ranger
    • Swamp Boys BBQ
Re: 3 hours of traffic jams, strip joints, hookers and a crackhead...
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2017, 06:35:35 PM »

True story...
Friend @Plant_City_Mike  tipped me off to the SnapOn CGA maybe a week ago. It was 90 minutes from me but I have a bbq friend who lives about 20 mins away from it so I secured it via messages and somehow he got her to bring it to his house. Done deal, I just have to drive 90 mins to go pick it up.

Then @chiku18 msgs me about a like new 1964-'68 Texan with thumbscrews that he found, which happened to be between me and the CGA. It wasn't a high priority for me but since it was sort of on the way, I thought why not. Very few thumbscrews surface in FL. So I coordinate with the seller for a time between 6-6:30 tonight. Of course I left in rush hour traffic so it was stop and go for about 20 of the 40 miles to my first stop (Orlando). I'm driving down OBT and am getting within a quarter mile of the seller's house, and I notice lots of strip clubs, and lots of single 'ladies' walking the streets. GPS tells me to turn after Flash Dancer Orlando and before Cleo's Gentlemen's Club which I do. It's not an area you'd want to taking your kids trick-or-treating in. The house isn't where the GPS says it should be and it's dark out now. I call the seller to ask where his house is and he tells me he just sold the grill to a guy he thought was me. I give a big WTF and there's silence on his end for like 15 seconds. Then he says come over here and I see him waving. I pull into the overgrown driveway and dimly lit empty looking old house and start thinking am I being set up? I get out but leave my truck running with the headlights on so I can try to see what's what. I get out and introduce myself and it's pretty obvious right away that he's drunk (smell) and strung out on something. I can see the kettle in the carport so I'm relieved at that. There was no car and just a bulb on inside the mostly empty house so I'm thinking he was a squatter and was selling off whatever he could find. He wanted $30, I offered $20, and he flipped out. He grabbed a second junker kettle with no legs but it had a nice rib rack and the grates for both kettles in it and yelled $35 for all of it. I said I didn't want it all but I would pay $30 for the Texan. He yells hell no it's $35 or nothing! I said something like calm down, what the hell are you getting so mad about? Then I can feel my adrenalin pumping.He grabs the lid off the Texan and I thought he was going to throw it at me but instead he waves it around yelling Do you want it or not? I didn't want the side trip that turned into an hour to be for nothing, plus I figured I'd better "Rescue" these grills, so I paid the wack-a-do $35 and left quickly. Besides the still heavy traffic, the trip to get the CGA was uneventful thankfully. My BP and heart rate got back to normal and all is good lol.

So hopefully that's as bad as it will ever get for me on a CL transaction. In hindsight I probably should have passed by the crack house and just kept going. Next time. I'll get a few grill pics on here in a day or so. Big shout outs to Michael and Chiku for their hand-offs to me with all this. The SE crew rocks.
In the market for unicorns to complete my collection: Ambassador, Plainsman, Meat Cut, Custom, Blue 18 MBH, Green 18 MBH

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2017, 07:05:22 PM »
Congrats! That Snap-on CGA is really nice.

crowderjd

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2017, 07:48:52 PM »
Your story with picking up that Texan sounds similar to when I picked up a ranch from a guy whose house was being foreclosed...super drunk, super angry at the world...I wanted to get out of there ASAP.  Hoisted a ranch into the back of my Hyundai Tucson by myself and got the heck out of there...Congrats on the scores, can't wait to see that Texan. 
Chasing the impossibles: Westerner, Custom, Meat Cut!

Jon

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2017, 10:25:31 PM »
As Craig says..."Every story has a kettle"...

Or something like that. At least all of our stories seem to have kettles. Beautiful pickup.

Plant_City_Mike

• Smokey Joe
3 hours of traffic jams, strip joints, hookers and a crackhead
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2017, 02:41:01 AM »
Good Job!  Can’t wait to see it!

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2017, 03:47:56 AM »
Awesome story glad you and your kettles are safe
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

chiku18

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2017, 04:55:30 AM »
Scary Story - I was planning to pick the Texan and would have driven with family . Glad I didn't , else this would have marked my last (Wifey would have been mad) kettle pickup .
Waiting for pictures !!!

Kettle was alerted to me by @noles2g .
Looking for Colored 18 MBH

noles2g

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2017, 05:03:00 AM »
Now I feel bad for putting you guys on that one! Glad you are safe.

Hell Fire Grill

• WKC Performer
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2017, 05:20:05 AM »
Damn near the same thing happened to me on a pick-up yesterday Rub!

Heavy traffic to the hoe house then in & out as quick as I could. I had to knock the pimps ashes out of the grill and she big dealed the dust getting on her BMW.

She had a beautiful smile though...  (l)
You can't always get what you want....but if you try sometimes you get what you need