Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Slanted 26er / Weber Customer Service  (Read 1850 times)

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
Slanted 26er / Weber Customer Service
« on: December 15, 2017, 01:14:48 PM »
Big thanks to Weber Customer Service.  My 2015 26er has never sat level.  The front was 2-3” higher than the back.  I had a hole in my patio in AZ that I could put the front leg in so it was never a big deal.  There was a batch of these that year that had the front leg socket mounted too low and I knew that was my issue.  Weber CS dent me a new leg kit at first even after I sent them pictures with measurement of the legs, the distance between legs sockets, etc..  when the leg kit arrived I held them up to my existing legs and confirmed they were the same size.  I emailed Weber to let them know and told Ren I’d lay them out side by side if necessary or install the new ones if that is what I needed to do.  I got a response within 10 minutes that a new bowl was on its way.

I got the bowl today and it sits level in my old legs.  The bowl was a good 1/2” out of round but I was able to give it a few hugs and get it into round.   It would have been nice if Weber would have just sent me a bowl to begin with but that’s expensive and I can see why they would try a leg kit first.  I’m very happy with the experience and final outcome. Great job Weber!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

CatskillSmoker

• WKC Performer
Re: Slanted 26er / Weber Customer Service
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2017, 02:26:58 PM »
Way to go Weber CS. And congrats on a level kettle.

Rub

• WKC Ranger
    • Swamp Boys BBQ
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2017, 03:20:56 PM »
I've had great experiences with them too. I received a set of 3 bowl dampers today for free from them for a 1978 kettle I bought off CL. They should have cost me ~$15. Not sure why they were free but I was thankful.
In the market for unicorns to complete my collection: Ambassador, Plainsman, Meat Cut, Custom, Blue 18 MBH, Green 18 MBH

itzyoboipaul

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2017, 03:39:06 PM »
Yup. They sent me a new bowl also. Their customer service is awesome which is why I have plenty of webers

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Jed.cook

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2017, 06:15:47 PM »
That’s awesome! Why we’re all loyal Weberites, I guess, huh?  I bought my 26er off CL about two years back, and I love it, but I think I have the opposite problem. The front leg on mine is about an inch too short. I just have a paving stone under it, but I might have to contact customer service to see if they can hook up an actual fix.
@MikeRocksTheRed when I drop off your new, green OTP we’ll have to swap 26er recipes as well! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
-Jed

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2017, 07:54:41 PM »
Weird that some 2016s had this issue. Weber replaced a 26er bowl for me that's a few years older. Same issue: it was doing a permanent "wheelie."
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

BertVentures

• WKC Brave
    • Mighty Pizza Stone
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2017, 02:18:39 AM »
MikeRocksTheRed that's great, I was impressed with weber customer service too. One of the table leg support on my Performer had a missing threaded insert, I contacted Weber support via email, they responded right away and sent me a replacement part.
Bert