Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Choice  (Read 3742 times)

jeffrackmo

• WKC Ranger
Re: Choice
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2017, 09:23:59 AM »
I have multiple kettles and performers.   As far as resale goes the performer will net you more if you decide to sell it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Lets just say I have acquired a few Kettles.  Big and small.   Vintage and New...  Some say I have a problem.  I find the Kettle, buy the Kettle, USE the Kettle...No problem...

fedex

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2017, 10:41:04 AM »
I've found it easier to beg for forgiveness over asking permission.
1 Black Limited Edition Kettle & Wife Model #1962

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2017, 11:14:47 AM »
^^ The world agrees: https://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=it%27s+always+easier+to+ask+for+forgiveness&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

It's less about "just doing whatever you want, without repercussions" and more about not subjecting the other person to unnecessary energy spent on something they don't want to fall on every sword regarding, ya know?
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

Meathook

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2017, 12:04:36 PM »
Is it possible to keep both long enough to make a decision based on what you experience from each?
I bought my first gen performer in 1996. Still own it and use it regularly. Love the stability of the cart. The 2nd gen. Is a bit taller which I like as well. If you get to experience using one for at least a few cooks you will be able to make a choice you are comfortable making without any regrets.
Best wishes to you!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2017, 12:16:40 PM »
@rookie81 in all seriousness to my post about both, if the aunt is giving you the performer then its a no brainer to get it.  Whether you keep it or not is a different story.  I got rid of my performers because they take up more space than I wanted to give up.  I've been cooking just fine without the side table (although I have multiple kettles to help with staging and extra space when needed).  My opinion is that if you have a patio table or other areas to help you stage/destage then a performer is a waste.  I never used the charcoal bin storage for charcoal mainly to keep it in the garage out of the humidity and elements.  I stopped using gas assist because I like the Weber lighter cubes better (you don't have to remember to shut off the gas or worry about replacing regulators which I had to do).  If you get the performer and love it, kudos and congrats.  If you don't like it I'm sure you can sell or trade it here for another grill which you certainly need, 1 just isn't enough.

Good luck!
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

Seth1025

• WKC Brave
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2017, 12:56:41 PM »
Get the Performer!  Put it next to the old kettle.  Keep both.    This is the setup I have and most of the time I use the performer only - love the table, gas assist and it is taller.   But having the option of more grill estate allows me do do full meals for the family (vegtables on one and meat on the other) or cook for a party (burgers direct on one grill, while hot dogs cook indirect on the other).  Having 2 will also allow two cook temps.  I will grill burgers for lunch hot and fast on one while outside tending to a long smoke on the other for dinner.   
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 12:59:19 PM by Seth1025 »

jaynik

• WKC Brave
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2017, 03:39:47 PM »
If I could only have one,  it would be the performer. The table comes in really handy.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Paul Isa

• WKC Brave
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2017, 03:55:30 PM »
Both.

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2017, 04:06:08 PM »
 I've never met anyone who regrets a performer.

Shoestringshop

• WKC Performer
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2017, 04:12:38 PM »
Have your wife help you load the grill into the truck at the aunt's house. Leave the tail gate down and get in...tell her to go close it...wait for the slam...floor it...her aunt will take good care of her.

Lmao! I read it to my wife and she said to our dog “That’s something he would laugh at right Shadow?”... but what does she know she talks to dogs! 😂
Wife said "No more GRILLS in this house!" So I bought a 2nd house!

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2017, 07:46:55 AM »
1- Get the Performer.
2- Sell it.
3a- Use the $ to buy a second kettle in an interesting color, preferably a "looker" not a "cooker"
3b- Or get a 2nd cheap "cooker", if you can get a 26".
4- Get a nice piece of wood cut to fit inside your 2nd kettle & stain it to use as your prep surface or whatever.
5- Explain that the 2nd item is really a prep table that will double as a cooker when you could use a larger size or are doing something where you could run both of them.

More kettles means more places to set down hot items like chimneys, or food.

There's this common assumption that a kettle not immediately cooking food "isn't used."

If you had like a dozen or whatever, I could better understand where the missus is coming from. But two? TWO?
regards,
Hal

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2017, 08:05:01 AM »
exactly

I always get more nervous looks when stuff hangs around unused.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2017, 02:57:10 PM »
Wife will not let you keep both?  New wife.....Kidding, Kidding totally kidding.

On that note, why do some wives care so much about these things.
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"

iCARRY

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2017, 03:52:36 PM »
Did this guy really come and ask us this question? It’s free. I don’t see what the problem is unless you don’t have the space.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2017, 07:53:05 PM »
C'mon, there is always space for a free performer.