Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: "Duroc Heritage" pork at Supermarket...  (Read 1047 times)

GoAnywhereJeep

• WKC Brave
    • My YouTube channel
"Duroc Heritage" pork at Supermarket...
« on: November 28, 2017, 06:37:42 AM »
My local supermarket chain carries their house brand of "Open Nature" brand of pork products. They all have an extra sticker on the packages that says "Duroc Heritage."

I have been using this brand and it does seem to be more consistent and tastier than the other options, which include Farmer John and Safeway Kitchens. The Farmer John ribs almost always produce a sulfur smell when they are pulled out of the sir tight packaging.

These ribs and other products are definitely the most expensive in the store unless you mail order for even more expensive pork.

I have tried the ribs and the shoulder. The ribs are available in baby back or St. Louis but i always opt for the latter. I did try a couple of the shoulders but they are boneless and tend to be on the small side, along with the loins.

Has anyone else here tried the Open Nature Duroc Heritage? What are your thoughts on it? How does it compare to something like the Compart Duroc pork that can be ordered online?

YouTube channels: GringoBBQ & RubiconFI

Mkrause

• WKC Brave
Re: "Duroc Heritage" pork at Supermarket...
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2017, 04:30:48 PM »
There's a place somewhat near me that does mail order stuff and also has a storefront that i noticed had some stuff labeled "heritage" and was curious about it as well. I plan on taking a trip there this week. 🐄🐖🐓 https://www.farmfieldtable.com/

Sent from my SM-G930V using Weber Kettle Club mobile app